Vittoria Tyres excl serial numbers

Jakkals.

So Of the 1000's of Vittoria tyres sold ,nervoustic and Donovan Le Cok seem to have really got a rough deal.Of those 1000's of sales ,does anyone have an idea just how many of those tyre have failed.First hand accounts and not just hearsay. .

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok which tyres can I buy that is good for single track ( eslefontein race) I have ikons on and they are slippery and slide for single track 

I dont want to put suspect tyres on ( smoke fire that nonsense ) 

Ill rather buy a tyre I can fully trust any suggestions 

Barzo or Peyote from Vittoria

ok which tyres can I buy that is good for single track ( eslefontein race) I have ikons on and they are slippery and slide for single track 

Minion dhf front and aggressor back. Or onza ibex front and back!

Looking forward to Esles myself - about 10 of us going along for a lekker weekend.

I have been using Ikons for the most during my last year of riding, which included the whole WP XCO series, some marathon events, quite a bit of road miles (whispered in the softest of tones), as well as more runs down Contermanskloof, Hoogies, etc than I can remember......an excellent all round tire, with sufficient grip, if you run them at lower pressure - side wall protection also very good. I did however get a nasty bite on the beading of the rear tire, whilst gunning it down the Black route at Delvera, but that is because I was too brave by running 1,5 bar at the rear. 

For the front, I currently have the Ardent Race, which is a little wider than most, but repays you with ample confidence in the corners. 

Also used Onza's in the past, which was equally a good experience, but for pricing, I am happy with Maxxis. 

See you at Esels - I will be on the Epic with Maxxis sneakers  ;)  

• 3 months later...

So to revive an old thread, I bought a saguaro as a fast rolling tire for the attakwas. Was a great deal at R415 new. I noticed when putting the tire on that the serial number looked like it had been sanded off. Reminded me of this thread but didn't pay it too much mind.

Two rides later and 45km into the attakwas the tire developed a hole near the bead.

Is this just bad luck or has anyone else had a bad experience with these cheap tires?

So to revive an old thread, I bought a saguaro as a fast rolling tire for the attakwas. Was a great deal at R415 new. I noticed when putting the tire on that the serial number looked like it had been sanded off. Reminded me of this thread but didn't pay it too much mind.

Two rides later and 45km into the attakwas the tire developed a hole near the bead.

Is this just bad luck or has anyone else had a bad experience with these cheap tires?

All three the bikes in my garage have these on.

#iamafanobviously

I did not take part in this year's Atta, but had numerous mates out there, and a number of them had tire "issues" on all makes of tires. Not sure if you have done the Attakwas before, but it has a reputation for not being too kind to rubber.

Even the top contenders had their own tire-wars out there, plugging and tubing, their way to the finish line, again, these were on Maxxis, Specialized tires, etc.

Archived