Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

Hey now, thats the third time a hint has been thrown towards UAE/Bahrain. Be careful there. I might take you seriously.

Ja.. I remember the Persian gulf training camp comment..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh noes...our worst fears...

...Sky love Mallorca ;..;

Lol

But so many team go there.. Sunweb, Trek, Bora, Movistar...well basically most teams for there..

Movistar would be a good fit hey.. love or hate Valverde..what a rider to learn from..master tactician.

Lol

But so many team go there.. Sunweb, Trek, Bora, Movistar...well basically most teams for there..

Yes, but I'm not anti- any of those teams. If Willie makes me like Sky...shoo...personal crisis incoming.

Yes, but I'm not anti- any of those teams. If Willie makes me like Sky...shoo...personal crisis incoming.

Bora, Trek and Movistar have made very few signings ..Movistar 's budget may be blown with Landa and starting a ladies team.

Sky, UAE, QS, have made loads of signings...and all riders similar to Willie I think.. UAE have a huge budget though..

I would actually love a Bora move..yoh.. what a lekker team.

Wherever he ends up he'll have so much support. . The last week or so he has become a rockstar and he doesn't even know it [emoji23][emoji23]

Edited by Gen

I'm not so sure budget is going to be a huge issue. We're talking about a rider with no WT experience and no brand value (at the time of signing). His performance yesterday would have made the team pleased. People are talking about him now, at least in the Netherlands.

I'm certainly no expert, but if I was Willie, a rider with some good results in smaller races and a point to prove, I wouldn't be demanding much by way of salary. Just pay me enough to live and give me a shot at riding for you. Maybe our resident in-the-knows know more when it comes to the salary expectations, but I don't see his salary as being an issue even for teams hard-up on their budget.

Oh noes...our worst fears...

...Sky love Mallorca ;..;

Everyone loves Mallorca. If you have ever been there you will understand why. I fell in total love with the place last year. 

I'm not so sure budget is going to be a huge issue. We're talking about a rider with no WT experience and no brand value (at the time of signing). His performance yesterday would have made the team pleased. People are talking about him now, at least in the Netherlands.

I'm certainly no expert, but if I was Willie, a rider with some good results in smaller races and a point to prove, I wouldn't be demanding much by way of salary. Just pay me enough to live and give me a shot at riding for you. Maybe our resident in-the-knows know more when it comes to the salary expectations, but I don't see his salary as being an issue even for teams hard-up on their budget.

Some good points there. restores some hope in my in the Hub. haha.

Some good points there. restores some hope in my in the Hub. haha.

Blind squirrel finding the acorn and all that :P

If Willie was to sign with the WT team would he not still be classified as a neo pro which means according to rules he would receive the min wage (can't remember exactly what it is) as well as a 2 yr (?) contract.

If Willie was to sign with the WT team would he not still be classified as a neo pro which means according to rules he would receive the min wage (can't remember exactly what it is) as well as a 2 yr (?) contract.

post-83023-0-07418400-1506346186_thumb.jpg

Not sure about the contract term, but 30k euro a year is not a lot of money. No wonder so many guys pull out of self funded races

http://www.uci.ch/mm/Document/News/Rulesandregulation/16/26/52/JointAgreements2013-ENG_English.pdf

Edited by Jurgens Smit