Additional costs when ordering helmets from EU (Germany)

Xanderstander

Howzit everyone. 

I've spotted a helmet I want to buy from www.bike-discount.de, but I have no idea what the added costs are when ordering helmets from the EU

Do any of you know what the import tax and all of those added costs are above their price?

I have mailed them, but the helmet is on special, so I want to jump on this as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Howzit everyone.

I've spotted a helmet I want to buy from www.bike-discount.de, but I have no idea what the added costs are when ordering helmets from the EU

Do any of you know what the import tax and all of those added costs are above their price?

I have mailed them, but the helmet is on special, so I want to jump on this as soon as possible.

Thanks!

25% + 15.4% should get you in the ballpark.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

helmets about 45 % import duty then add vat plus customs handling fee

about 60+% of invoice price

and that's ex shipping cost

read more here ...

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/75887-import-duties-on-cycling-goods/page-12?hl=import+tax&do=findComment&comment=2413176

Apparently the 40% doesn't apply to helmets ordered from EU. Something to do with a trade agreement that was signed recently. Still not hundred percent sure, so just want to confirm. 

25% + 15.4% should get you in the ballpark.

Howzit man. What are you basing those numbers on? 

Apparently the 40% doesn't apply to helmets ordered from EU. Something to do with a trade agreement that was signed recently. Still not hundred percent sure, so just want to confirm. 

you just got to hope the guy at SA customs agrees with you :thumbup:

recently can take a long time to reach their ears you know what I mean :w00t:

Howzit man. What are you basing those numbers on?

25% duty, then vat + the extra bit that vat is calculated on.

25% duty, then vat + the extra bit that vat is calculated on.

Exactly what I paid on my Urge, 25% duty + 14%Vat + some factor of around 1.5% on the total + DHL clearance fee.

Exactly what I paid on my Urge, 25% duty + 14%Vat + some factor of around 1.5% on the total.

From who did you order?

Aha! Hoping it would be a different story from ordering from Germany (who is actually still in the EU), but might not be. Just looking for a good excuse to buy the damn helmet!

Thanks though!

bike-discount doesn't use DHL, so your goodies end up with the SAPO. My last order from them took over two months to arrive in Durban.

Aha! Hoping it would be a different story from ordering from Germany (who is actually still in the EU), but might not be. Just looking for a good excuse to buy the damn helmet!

Thanks though!

Howzit everyone. 

Thanks!

EU duty relief rules ONLY apply when the helmet is made in EU otherwise it is full duty. 

Doesn't matter if its a UK or EU stupid customs dont hesitate to put the charges through.

If its kask you looking for i can maybe get you a good price on it depending on model and available colours

EU duty relief rules ONLY apply when the helmet is made in EU otherwise it is full duty. 

It's a GIRO, which I believe is made in California, or at least that is where their HQ is. So there goes that hope it seems.

Dankie

Archived