Francois touring Africa

Guest Big H

Guest Big H
until he hits a pothole and cracks his noggin open... each to their own though...

His email address is in my posting. If it is so friggen important to you bunch of ou tannies with wet pants write him a email and ask him about it. At the same time introduce him to the "friendly" atmosphere that prevails on the Hub where suurtiete are more worriedd about a friggen helmet that acknowledging and respecting his guts to travel all on his lonesome self through darkest AFrica.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nou praat jy Hennerik.  Hierdie vasteland moet ordentlik besigtig word.  Ek is nou maar so drie weke hier teen die Albert Meer in Uganda en ek geniet dit nogal baie.  Uganda het die potensiaal om baie mooi te wees. 

Ek sou graag as my werk dit nou kon toelaat beslis meer hier wou rondry.  Maar ongelukkig werk ons elke dag van 05h30 tot so 18h00.  Daarna is aandete en 'n bed goeie vooruitsigte.  Ek het my fiets saamgebring, maar kon nog nie veel gery kry nie. 

Dit behoort 'n ongelooflike belewenis te wees om byvoorbeeld al teen die ooste oewer an die Albert meer af te ry.  Daar is plekke wat nie per voertuig bereikbaar is nie, daar word selfs van veerbote gebruik gemaak om plekke soos Begoma te bereik.  Maar hier is oral voetpaaie, selfs waar die terein voertuigbeweging nie toelaat nie. 

Vir 'n paar fotos van die omgewing hier, kyk na http://picasaweb.google.com/kinnieve

Groete

Kinnie

Visit Namibia and Mozambique...

Worth every cent!

Namibia has some of the friendliest people around...and the biltong is good

He's looking pretty lean smiley32.gif Perhaps a good ride round Africa will help lose the extra kilos i've picked up in the winter.

Also, it's quite scary how little baggage he seems to be carrying. I've done a bit of bike touring myself, and I carried more than that for a little jaunt round Europe. Hate to think what you need for the African continent.

You don't need to win the lotto to do something like this. I daresay it's within reach of most hubbers, judging by the large quantity of top-end carbon equipment I see being bought and sold in the classifieds each month.

jules do you really need to have carbon ??

could you not make it work on a upper end alu frame?

what did that bloke use who cycled on the shores of africa?

He was referring to people having money to buy and sell high end carbon parts...lots of money changing hands

thanks GFishy

but was also asking cause I dont know what bike that guy used. The one who did the "round africa" trip

if you guys wanna read a cool book, read the book about the guy who rode around africa in like 2 years... he neva paid a single cent in bribes... its a really cool book! any1 read it?

Big H. I know this guy. he is an amazing guy. He visited Paarl lots as his GF stayed just next to us in Paarl.

Great guy, always friendly, always riding his bike...

The day he told me he is going to do that I told him straight he's nuts.. But he is that type. He live his dream..

Re: kingjreid

:

Riaan Manser. Yeah, finished it a month or so ago. Very interesting read, it takes guts to do what these guys do.

He didn't need a helmet either. Very unfashionable of him!

hyper72008-05-25 00:56:23

Guest Big H
Nou praat jy Hennerik.  Hierdie vasteland moet ordentlik besigtig word.  Ek is nou maar so drie weke hier teen die Albert Meer in Uganda en ek geniet dit nogal baie.  Uganda het die potensiaal om baie mooi te wees. 

Ek sou graag as my werk dit nou kon toelaat beslis meer hier wou rondry.  Maar ongelukkig werk ons elke dag van 05h30 tot so 18h00.  Daarna is aandete en 'n bed goeie vooruitsigte.  Ek het my fiets saamgebring' date=' maar kon nog nie veel gery kry nie. 

Dit behoort 'n ongelooflike belewenis te wees om byvoorbeeld al teen die ooste oewer an die Albert meer af te ry.  Daar is plekke wat nie per voertuig bereikbaar is nie, daar word selfs van veerbote gebruik gemaak om plekke soos Begoma te bereik.  Maar hier is oral voetpaaie, selfs waar die terein voertuigbeweging nie toelaat nie. 

Vir 'n paar fotos van die omgewing hier, kyk na http://picasaweb.google.com/kinnieve

Groete

Kinnie
[/quote']

Jy moet maar versigtig!!!! Ek het my fiets Kilombero toe geneem tydens 'n projek wat ek langs die Groot Ruaha Rivier gedoen het. Paar dae na ek 'n "groot hond" in die suikerriet lande gesien terwyl ek daar gery het, het het hulle 'n ou uitgeteerde leeuwyfie daar doodgeskiet!!!!!! Soos ek weer se versigtig..... daar is dalk nog kannibale daar!!!!!!

Big H

I want to come to Namibia and Angola Later this year or early next year, I basically want to go to Ongiva and to the bridge where you guys are working, and left across to the coast and down to Ruacana and back to Nam.

What are the requirements do we need a Visa for Angola and is it difficult to obtain, availability of petrol as we will be on Motorbikes.

Looking on Google it looks like the road from Ondangwa to the border is now Tarred (would prefer dirt roads)

Hijack Off Smile

There was a young lady from CT a while back that intended to be the 1st woman to cycle the contour of Africa' date=' have not heard anything since then. [/quote'] Scotty check out www.jolandierust.com