Tacx Flux smart Trainer

Thought I would revive this thread. Any Hubbers got a Tacx Flux S/Flux 2 that have done significant miles? 

Looking for a long term review from some local humans as overseas there are growing opinions recently that paint these in a bad light and point toward an inherent design fault. (See FB Tacx Flux Owners Group if you're keen)

It is difficult to get an accurate and "fair" representation of the spread of opinions due to a number of reasons.. Is it generally quite good? Generally quite bad? 

I used my flux for many many months..loved it..until "something broke". Took it in and was offered an immediate replacement (no questions asked) and paid a bit in to get the Neo...been on that for about 8 months now and not a single issue so far. Used it comprehensively on Zwift and Tacx Desktop App. Prefer the Tacx app although their software is OK-ish. The choice between so many Video routes is great! Zwift not enough riding terrain options..Darn  - I am digressing!! Flux 2 replaced and fixed most of the original design flaws (although Tacx claims the current Flux V1 has been fixed..but you have to check serial numbers). In general I have been using Tacx Indoor Trainers for 10+ years and love them! If you can though ..go for the Neo! I love mine, especially the way cnages (vibrate) when you hit different road surfaces to make it more real. Although the Neo can simulate climbs quite heavily (i.e. when it says 12%..you suffer). Neo I got the feeling at about 7% it maxes out. Which was OK as I could then do a 6km tough climb and survive...something the Neo will be a challenge on! 

Just my 2c's

^^ This

Flux 1 had a big issue.  I almost pulled the trigger on a Flux but at the last minute decided against it.  

I managed to get a very good deal on a Kickr 3 and the thing is solid.  

You may want to consider the recently released Kickr Core.  It's effectively a Kickr 3 but silent.  It's about R15k, so slightly above your budget.

I had 3 flux (gen 1)

Bunch of crap and it seems the issues have still not been resolved with the S and 2.

Get a Neo or Wahoo or Hammer

Archived