Any good?? Spirgrips / SQ Labs 411 special bar / hand grips

CASSIE1975

Got a set of 711s, plus the inner bar ends (411?) for 36One. Worked very well. I swapped back to the ESI type grips for trails, but will put these on for the longer stuff again.

Edited by Jacques Joubert WC

Don't know about their grips and bars, but I love my SQLab saddle. Best I have ever used. And Mathias from GPM Sports was extremely helpful in getting me on the right model and size.

If their saddles are anything to go by I would think their other products are also well designed.

I am riding with them, and have introduced them to 2 mates, both of who really, really like them.

They naturally have their limitations for off-road riding, but for commuting, and long/flat sections of good dirt, I reckon they are the best item I've bought since...clipless pedals - they simply work very well!

they take up next to nearly no room, weigh 62-odd grams, and as far as them being 'fugly', who gives a toss, they are functional!

I had actual alu bar ends placed towards the center of my h/bars for the 2006 & 2007 Epics, where, with big gravel pulls, they worked well, remembered how I roa with them, spoke to Olympic, who showed me these, and they are way better, since I can brake and change gear with them...

Nice - thanks.

Ordered them on Saturday. Will be a great deal at R720 if they work as well as I think they will. Grips and saddles I want to get right - the rest of the components I can deal with but if those 2 things cause pain then MTB'ing isn't as fun.

• 2 years later...

Casts thread resurrection spell...

I'm on the hunt for a set of SQLab Innerbarends, if anyone has some they want to part with let me know! 

Never seen any 2nd hand, but will also listen out for you. I may this Summer, put a 3rd set on a (3rd) bike, that’s how impressed I am with mine.

Chris

Thanks. I'm specifically looking for either Spirgrips or (ideally) innerbarends for a hood-like position on the flat bars. I've used normal barends mounted inboard, but due to them being straight I never got the same effect as a drop bar hood. With hoods you are supporting yourself mostly with the crook between your thumb and index finger.