Schwalbe Pro One's Tubeless

Andreas_187

I always wanted to go tubeless on my road bike but was hesitant after hearing so many stories about Schwalbe's getting big cuts in the sidewalls and the sealant spraying all over the place.

I used to use Spez turbo pro tyres and for sure used to puncture at least every 200km.

Since going tubeless I only got my first puncture this week after 800km. I didn't even know it happened, the tyre sealed instantly because it went from 100psi down to 80psi. I used Orange sealant and it peeled off the frame really easily with just a cloth.

Also, the 25mm Pro One's actually measure 28mm so they are comfortable as well as very, very fast. They also look hardly worn after 800km.

Recommended.

As far as tubeless go the pro 1 are the best tubeless I have tried.After couple thousand km I've just gone back to Norman tires and tubes.Tubless is great for just your normal thorns etc but a glass cut will be like any other tire except a big mess and now you have to deal with slime and taking out the valve to put a tube in.

At R1000 a pop they also very expensive.

I'm currently riding a pro 1 that after 50km got a glass cut so currently riding it with a tube inside just so that my money wasn't wasted.

Sometimes it's just luck.Sometimes you go couple thousand km on normal tires with getting a puncture.

Like Stringbean says, lots of luck needed to go with good tyres and sealant.

First run on Pro 1's was really frustrating - would constantly lose pressure - may not have been the tyres but a poor installation.

Anyway, currently on a set of Hutchinsons with good results.

Have had my Pro One's on for over a 1000km's and no problem what so ever, using Ryder sealant and holes seal Very quick - must add that I haven't had a big glass cut yet but most probably jinxed myself now :eek: Next set of Pro Ones already lying in my store room!

Archived