Sunday scammer

Jonesy

So this morning "Roelof1" or "Roelofse1" (cant be too sure) in "Murraysburg", posted an ad for a Reba for R3000. Communicated on sms and all was fine until I told him I'll send a buddy to pay cash and collect this afternoon. Then all went quite and the ad was promptly removed.... beware!

So this morning "Roelof1" or "Roelofse1" (cant be too sure) in "Murraysburg", posted an ad for a Reba for R3000. Communicated on sms and all was fine until I told him I'll send a buddy to pay cash and collect this afternoon. Then all went quite and the ad was promptly removed.... beware!

" RoelofT " posted that ad - I looked at it- it was in my browser history

more about this story I do not know .......... :ph34r:

but you you must get the names right in these sort of heavy posts OP

Edited by bikebloke

Thanks... I was sure someone would give some clarity on the name. My bad. Anyway ja...the guys a fraud

"Send a buddy with cash to come collect" sounds very fishy to me.

It obviously isn't the case, but the choice of words make you sound suspect.

However, a new Reba for 3K probably is too good to be true.

Me thinks too quick to point fingers!

There could be many reasons the ad was taken down, including having sold it to someone else.

OP, just because you did not get the sale and the fork you wanted and perhaps because it is a Sunday, so there could be very valid reasons for not responding.

Also (and if he is a scammer I don't defend anything he has done) people often sell things for well below market price if they are on the verge of emigrating, getting divorced etc. So unless there is real compelling evidence don't accuse someone of a crime.

A bit too soon to make such accusations.

Me thinks too quick to point fingers!

There could be many reasons the ad was taken down, including having sold it to someone else.

OP, just because you did not get the sale and the fork you wanted and perhaps because it is a Sunday, so there could be very valid reasons for not responding.

Agreed. Personally, OP, I don't think you handled this well,..I understand in today's life everything is Instant Coffee,..but you may have done an innocent hubber some personality damage here. Slow things down a bit, it's worth it. ????

Could well be above board, BUT if sold then update the ad as such as well as letting know those you have been dealing with. 

Edited by scotty

Chaps, as has been mentioned, lets be aware, but not to quick to point fingers.

And please be wary of posting information which contains to other family members. Yes, it is out there in cyber space, so let others go search for that info in cyber space. Dont be so quick to paste it here.

Most scammers don't create an account, only to use it to scam people 4 years later...

They also should know how to conduct themselves and not simply delete ads an provide no feedback to interested parties. 

I agree, be carefull when buying/selling stuff, but to call someone a fraud for not replying for a couple of hours, and removing an ad is a bit silly...

Yes, he should give feedback, and while not doing so may make him a *, it does not make him a fraud...