W2W Formats - Pls explain

OemD

Morning

Can somebody pls explain the W2W formats (i.e. Adventure, Ride and Race), apart from the fact that its on different dates, what is the difference between the 3.

Pls type slowly and use small words. 

Thanks

Morning

Can somebody pls explain the W2W formats (i.e. Adventure, Ride and Race), apart from the fact that its on different dates, what is the difference between the 3.

Thanks

like you say - the only difference is the dates. And I assume the race has prize money for the winners.

like you say - the only difference is the dates. And I assume the race has prize money for the winners.

What he said.

The routes are the same for all three, what you generally will find is that the race & adventure sells out first as they are mostly over weekends (and thus it included riders that have either done it before, or registered the previous year).  Where as on general the Ride would include more first timers I suspect.  

Morning

Thanks

Exactly the same routes. Those who have ridden previous W2W get preferential entry so the Adventure and Race sell out first as these fall over weekends and require only one day's leave.  That leaves the Ride (Monday to Wednesday) largely to the novices, which means it tends to be a little more relaxed than the other two.

I think the hardcore guys all do the Race.

the ride time for the ride 9h17 and adventure was 9h56 the wind was a factor for adventure but still a strong field in both.

1: same routes

2: different dates

3: pros and super-keen amateurs do the race

4: more slots.... more randelas in organisers pockets

Morning

Thanks

My opinion of the 3 races is that it is a brilliant way to get maximum mulla for the organisers without crowding the field to much.  It also makes it much more worthwhile to establish a proper race village that is going to be used 6 nights vs 2 nights. 

Who knows if they really wanted too and things were getting to popular they could always have squeeze in another that starts the Wed in Lourensford.  

Adventure is now becoming a "mini" race for those that wants to be top 50 but cannot achieve it in the actual Race...

but now the 'race' is going to be a qualifier for the Epic, so then the 'adventure' will be the qualifier for the 'race'......