[Event] PPS Panorama Tour

Kellykazi

Event Name: PPS Panorama Tour
When: 28 April 2018 - 1 May 2018
Where: Casterbridge Lifestyle Centre, Mpumulanga
Category: Road

The PPS Panorama Tour draws its name from the picturesque Panorama Region in the Province of Mpumalanga.

The race is a 4-day, road bike stage race and is South Africa’s only two-person team stage race on tar. The race starts & finishes each day at the Casterbridge Lifestyle Centre, conveniently located on the outskirts of White River, Mpumalanga.

The race is infamously known as South Africa’s “Toughest Race on Tar”. The race covers 350km’s of mountainous tar roads & includes the iconic mountain passes of Long Tom and Spitzkop and roughly 7000m of tough climbing over the four days.

Go to Event Page

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

And i recently rode this route - wow its a toughy - spitkopz and long tom had me busted   :blush:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  - Good luck to all that are participating. Lovely roads

Route change boys and girls.  No more Brondal road.  But this race just got tougherererererer.

Awesome!!!!!

Details ASAP pleeeeaaassseee!

Awesome!!!!!

Details ASAP pleeeeaaassseee!

Op die website.

In kort:

St1: Witrivier - Sabie - Witrivier   (out and back)

St2: Witrivier- Boulders - Witrivier (kinda out and back)

St3: Witrivier - Hazyview- Witrivier (out and back)

St4: TTT onveranderd

St1-3: 5300m klim in 300km.

Eish!!

Stage 2 is really going to hurt this year.

It looks like they are trying to break the course record again for the TT - legs will be slighly more rested with the short stage the day before.

Stage 2 is really going to hurt this year.

It looks like they are trying to break the course record again for the TT - legs will be slighly more rested with the short stage the day before.

By "they", do you mean you and that horse that you have for a team mate? Edited by RyanAW

• 2 weeks later...

I am stuffed. Doing it this year - but no real training due to other personal issues. Total I cycled this year is 300Km!  Am I facing an uphill battle (that's a pun - cos I can still laugh today) :(

Really am **** scared about what I am going to face