[Event] Sanlam MTB Invitational

PRFullstop

Hi Hubbers, any1 going to Paarl to enter and then comming back 2 cape town, we gonna be a bit late to register, need 2 entrys, can any1 help?

Anybody got today's stage on Strava yet?

My wife ditched her sister at 20kms. By then it took them 3 hours to get there. My wife was quite frustrated as her sister was walking almost every hill. And she is supposedly fit and not even close to overweight. I think she weighs about 58kgs. Thereafter my wife went it alone and took 3 hours to do the remaining 40kms.

Edited by Moridin

Anybody got today's stage on Strava yet?

My wife ditched her sister at 20kms. By then it took them 3 hours to get there. My wife was quite frustrated as her sister was walking almost every hill. And she is supposedly fit and not even close to overweight. I think she weighs about 58kgs. Thereafter my wife went it alone and took 3 hours to do the remaining 40kms.

Most of the climbing was in the first 20km..... Your wife ditched her sister just as things became easier  :whistling:

But yes, don't think I would have had the patience to do 20km in 3 hours!

• 9 months later...

See they have moved the 2018 version to Meerendal

Curious what the story is behind the scenes...

When the Rock Stage Race popped up which is basically identical to the Sanlam Invitational by the same people who used to organise the Sanlam MTB (speaking under correction...) I assumed the Sanlam race is no more...

R3k pp for a 2 day stage race at Meerendal, not so sure it will be that appealing to us living in the northern suburbs but lets see.

Curious what the story is behind the scenes...

When the Rock Stage Race popped up which is basically identical to the Sanlam Invitational by the same people who used to organise the Sanlam MTB (speaking under correction...) I assumed the Sanlam race is no more...

R3k pp for a 2 day stage race at Meerendal, not so sure it will be that appealing to us living in the northern suburbs but lets see.

Agree, not sure what they will be able to put in the mix that is not available as yet already

Event Name: Sanlam MTB Invitational

When: 18 December 2017 - 19 November 2017

Where: Rhebokskloof Wine Estate, Western Cape

Category: MTB

The Sanlam MTB Invitational is a two-day multi stage event, taking place on November 18 and 19 at Rhebokskloof Wine Estate.

Stage one features a 60km journey circumventing the entire Paarl Mountain while the second stage consist of a 40km route.

The event affords amateur and professional mountain bikers with a passion for the sport the experience of a lifetime while being treated as VIPs.

Entries limited to 300 public teams.

Go to Event Page

Why did they reduce the amount from 300 to 250 teams this year?

Why did they reduce the amount from 300 to 250 teams this year?

Maybe to make it more exclusive, or that they won't be able to deliver a proper event if there are to many people