Hoops for DH bikes?

Mongooser

Looking at ordering a new back hoop for my DH bike

since ive in 3 rides made a 28mm rim look like a egg

What rims are decent quality that aren't going to look like a oval or crack in 3 rides

Ive used Alex Supra BH's 30mm's for a year and they're still not trued and perfect

Dartmoore raiders 30mm's i buckled and cracked the front one recently, DT swiss i have Is starting to swing all over.

I cant find any Alex BH's so what should i look at?

Looking for 30-38mm hoop, i have no clue about wheels. need to get one before mid December

So suggestions?

these are some of the options i was looking at

never tried these brands so ya...

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/za/en/hope-tech-dh-mtb-rim/rp-prod152394

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/za/en/sun-ringle-inferno-31-welded-disc-rim-2016/rp-prod76079

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/za/en/spank-spoon-32-mtb-rim-2017/rp-prod65128

the way your equipment self destructs tells me you are really pushing the limits or you run out of skill often :P

the way your equipment self destructs tells me you are really pushing the limits or you run out of skill often :P

lost count of how much stuff ive broken this year,

usually because i try to Huck over stuff

like the second rock garden on a line at paarl, tried to jump that to flat and skip it

ended real good

thats just one example of my genius idea's

You seem like a destroyer of things. I'd recommend Mavic EX 823. I'm not sure they are still attainable tho but I've had 2 sets and never had an issue.

Flat at Tokai. No worries. Just roll down the road on the flat.

Read the reviews, based on other peoples experience, compare the stats and joining options. Then decide which wheel you gonna take. They are all pretty solid, you just most likely need something extra heavy duty!

Think ill take the mtx 33, its cheap cheap

Chat to Stefan at The Hanger Bike Co. Somerset West.  Am sure they are selling the MTX33 for R699. 

Chat to Stefan at The Hanger Bike Co. Somerset West.  Am sure they are selling the MTX33 for R699. 

will get a hold of him then

will be way cheaper than importing

thanks

6mdxJPh.jpg

For the record. This is what I done to my Supra BH's. The entire hoop is covered in flat spots and dings.

I can help though. I have a good condition 35mm wide DH hoop for you. Its proven to be stronger than the Supra BH since I had them both on the bike at some stage. Not sure which brand though. Its plain grey. Its a 36 hole hoop too so its stronger. Since you need a 150x12mm (36 hole) rear hub for that hoop. I got you covered there as well. And I have spokes too. Since its black friday in my garage. Swing by and take the lot for cheap as chips. Or to swop for what have you. You just need someone to lace them up for you. They're all just spares anyways. You have my number.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have some 27.5 dh hoops for sale, looking for one or a pair

Just buy a pair of 30mm internal Rapide rims from Kiwi.

Archived