CWC Online: BLACK FRIDAY

CWC Online

are IT guys the new versions of politicians ? :nuke: :nuke: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Yes yes, I know, I am running for the door, minus hat and coat, cause I might not make it

with comments like that you better be a FAST-bee ....  :devil:

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To all my clients and potential clients. I understand your frustration with our problem at online but let me assure you all that if it was in our hands this would never have happened. We are in the business not to upset clients but to give you the best deals and service.

After last years problems we upgrade out system at a huge cost with the insurance from our hosting / IT company that we will not have problems this year. They are at this moment busy trying to sort the problem out and I ask you please to be patient and rather understand and support us than running us down.

We bought millions rand of stock and believe me we do not want to keep it for Christmas. We want to give it to you at the best and lowest prices. That is why we wanted to start today already.

I ask you all to be patient. You will get the best deals . A promise to you all is that we will not stop this deals on Black Friday. You will not be let down.

I thank you all for understanding and supporting us.

Every retailers biggest fear on Friday is this issue... and an even bigger fear for the IT Service intergrators involved in the delivery of their services... good luck guys, looking forward to seeing those specials.

My professional body releases exam results every 6 months. 2 years back (and prior) we used to have crashes every time results were released as the website received much larger traffic than usual and the service provider's automated settings suspected an attack.

Anyway, it's been sorted since, and is much in line (though certainly smaller) than the CWC issue.

PM me if you'd like info on how we dealt with it.

In true Hub tradition it would be good to speculate on who (IT) is to blame. We like naming and shaming. I honestly believe CWC did what they thought was needed to avoid this. Somebody lied or underperformed. Come on IT fundis- find us the culprit while we wait.

Interesting development - my browser now feel that my computer may be open to a cyberattack by a party impersonating CWC when trying to access their site.

The poor IT guys are not doing well in keeping their jobs...

Interesting development - my browser now feel that my computer may be open to a cyberattack by a party impersonating CWC when trying to access their site.

The poor IT guys are not doing well in keeping their jobs...

IP probably doesn't match the SSL certificate registered. Odds are they're trying to get load balancing or a new server online.

Very late in the game to be playing around with that sort of thing.

Honestly, any competent IT company would've performed load testing after infrastructure changes and prior to a big event like today. I'd seriously be reconsidering my contracts with them going forward. Hopefully CWC at least has an SLA agreement to offset some of the damages they're taking.

Anyway, that's long term and not conducive to resolving the immediate issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a developer I blame the QA testers who didnt do any stress testing, the infrastructure team for providing inferior/insufficient tin, the support team for being clueless on how the application works, the marketing team for providing images that are too large and the earth for spinning too fast

As a developer I blame the QA testers who didnt do any stress testing, the infrastructure team for providing inferior/insufficient tin, the support team for being clueless on how the application works, the marketing team for providing images that are too large and the earth for spinning too fast

You missed Jacob Zuma in that list.

Being on the infrastructure side, I blame developers for writing *** code to begin with...[emoji6]

Being on the management side, I blame everybody and I'll expect a root cause analysis on my desk in the morning.

Yes but if I mention JZ and what I think of him then site moderators will put me in the naughty corner

You missed Jacob Zuma in that list.

Archived