SR Suntour Forks

Chavo

I have a 2013 or 2014 Epicon 29", ran on both 120mm and more recently set to 100mm. I still think it's an excellent fork for the money but agree that there is a problem with parts (still looking for a pair of dust wipers). Fork is still running perfectly after 3 years of use (6500km) and 2 services later (still running the same dust wipers).

That said for serviceability maybe stick to RS or Fox if you have the extra cash. Not sure why Suntour don't have a proper presence in ZA, I think they have a really good offering, just lacks on the service side.

I had the old durolux RC2 140-180TA

I really liked it, not on quite the same level as the lyrik on the bike that replaced it though. it did everything pretty well (besides being heavy).

it overforked the bike it was on by 20mm so i ran it sagged down to where it would be if i was running 160mm and it was extremely plush then, totally comparable to a pike i rode back to back against it, in fact it was smoother.

strange thing though, when i got the lyrik it was way more composed in fast rock gardens.

I'd be interested to give that new durolux a try, although that PB article is a bit slating.

suntour's QSP (quick service product) thing is really cool though esp on the new high end stuff where you get grease ports to quickly lube up your seals!

• 1 year later...

Reviving an old thread rather than starting a new one.

I am looking at upgrading the fork on my bike, and the Auron and Durolux have me quite intrigued, been looking on the net for info and all that I have seen of the newer generation forks is really positive, anybody here have any input/experience with these forks?

If Suntour forks were good enough to give Gunn Rita-Dahle (I think thats how it is spelled) all of those world titles, it should be good enough for us.

Then again, she probably weighs about 30kgs and has them rebuilt after every ride. 

If Suntour forks were good enough to give Gunn Rita-Dahle (I think thats how it is spelled) all of those world titles, it should be good enough for us.

Then again, she probably weighs about 30kgs and has them rebuilt after every ride.

I have no idea who that is ???? Edited by Chadvdw67

• 3 weeks later...

I've just ordered the durolux boost 29er fork. Will let you know how it goes

Awesome, thanks man, look forward to hearing what you think of it

• 3 years later...

Who are the dealers for Suntour in SA if I need spares?

I recently bought a bike with a Aion 35 and might want to put an extra volume spacer in. They're rubber pucks, but I see there is also someone who printed a plastic version, so that may also work.

I'm assuming the Rockshox 35mm foam rings would fit and a decent bike shop would also be able to source dust wiper seals?

23 minutes ago, MrJacques said:

Who are the dealers for Suntour in SA if I need spares?

I recently bought a bike with a Aion 35 and might want to put an extra volume spacer in. They're rubber pucks, but I see there is also someone who printed a plastic version, so that may also work.

I'm assuming the Rockshox 35mm foam rings would fit and a decent bike shop would also be able to source dust wiper seals?

https://www.dragons.co.za/sr-suntour/