PE MTB Trails

BuffsVintageBikes

There are a number of spots where you can enter the valley from where you are staying. If you enter from Settlers Park School /Walmer Scout hall, you will get on to the SA Champs Cross Country course from a few years ago.

I would say it is safe, but now days we live in a state of paranoia and I don't want to say go and then you get mugged. I've ridden there with my young son a few times,but I must say I was constantly checking my shoulders (again the paranoia).

There is a place crazy daves bike park out p.e side.

Is this out there at Cows Corner?

Isn't it for BMX?

In PE for the next couple of days (Thursday till Sunday). Will be based in Walmer (Close to Coimbra Cycles). Is anybody keen for a couple of Trail Rides or keen for me to join them? 

I know there are some sick downs behind my Brother in laws house into baakens that I've run with him, but not sure about biking it.

Else, where can I ride on my own (know about the fat track trail), should I avoid Baakens valley/other areas alone?

There is a group ride from Coimbra, leaving the shop at 16:30 on wednesdays, through the valley and back to the shop. Route is more of a technical nature.(I realize this is a dat before your arrival - more for FYI). They also are starting up their out ride to the railway bridge on thursday evenings, perhaps pop into the shop and chat to Ewan and his team. They meet up at butterfield road pub, head out to the Van Staadens railway bridge and back again. Route is mostly gravel/district roads. 

FatTracks MTB club also have group rides on a Wednesday evening leaving from the FatTrack contains just off the William Moffet road. Start at 17:30. (Again just FYI)   

The valley is relatively safe, there have been no major incidents for a while, however there are a few technical lines and would recommend having a buddy in case things go south. 

Crazy Daves is a jump park, so not mush long distance riding there. 

Another option is 3 Rivers trails, at Crossways about 40km outside of PE towards CPT. Various trails to suit skill and distance. 

Just a word of caution, Thursday evenings there is trail running club that run in the upper part of the valley from around 17:30, they leave from Walmer Golf Course, so bare in mind the trails could be busy. 

Hope you have fun, the Valley is a very fun place to ride. 

There is a group ride from Coimbra, leaving the shop at 16:30 on wednesdays, through the valley and back to the shop. Route is more of a technical nature.(I realize this is a dat before your arrival - more for FYI). They also are starting up their out ride to the railway bridge on thursday evenings, perhaps pop into the shop and chat to Ewan and his team. They meet up at butterfield road pub, head out to the Van Staadens railway bridge and back again. Route is mostly gravel/district roads. 

FatTracks MTB club also have group rides on a Wednesday evening leaving from the FatTrack contains just off the William Moffet road. Start at 17:30. (Again just FYI)   

The valley is relatively safe, there have been no major incidents for a while, however there are a few technical lines and would recommend having a buddy in case things go south. 

Crazy Daves is a jump park, so not mush long distance riding there. 

Another option is 3 Rivers trails, at Crossways about 40km outside of PE towards CPT. Various trails to suit skill and distance. 

Just a word of caution, Thursday evenings there is trail running club that run in the upper part of the valley from around 17:30, they leave from Walmer Golf Course, so bare in mind the trails could be busy. 

Hope you have fun, the Valley is a very fun place to ride. 

Thank you, Sir! Good to know all the FYI stuff.

giphy.gif

Some Feedback:
Baakens Valley took a chance (Only ran it) and enjoyed the valley quite a bit. But can see why it's advised not to ride alone lots of dodgyness about.
3 rivers trails (Crossways). My O my.  :clap: Some really really nice trails to ride here, if you are in the vicinity have a go at them and try beat Potties' KOM's down all the trials. Super fun and climbs are tough but fun too (worth suffering for the views). 

Shout out to the PE Locals that were friendly and let me tag along with their group, Rob, Keith, Eugene, Rina(?... my name recollections sucks) and her husband (I forgot your name, sorry). Turns out PE mountain bikers do know what climbing looks like  :ph34r:  :thumbup:  :D