Bike Hub Commuters Challenge 2018

Bateleur1

Today going through Woodstock was the first time on a bike I thought it was the end, taxi behind me and a car pulls out from side road. Luckily taxi misses my back tire and swerved out the way and I locked up and just missed back of car.

Stay safe. e64cc3f8e3abed88f83605d79f5a3c87.jpg

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today going through Woodstock was the first time on a bike I thought it was the end, taxi behind me and a car pulls out from side road. Luckily taxi misses my back tire and swerved out the way and I locked up and just missed back of car.

Glad your ok. Stay safe out there.

311,6W ..... noob!

who commuted into the south easter in CT this morning .... was a "fresh breeze" indeed, looking forward to the ride home this afternoon.

who commuted into the south easter in CT this morning .... was a "fresh breeze" indeed, looking forward to the ride home this afternoon.

Me!!!!  :clap:

But thankfully driving home this afternoon. :) Don't envy you though. 

Me!!!!  :clap:

But thankfully driving home this afternoon. :) Don't envy you though. 

does that mean you cycled with the wind on your back to get to work .... that is always nasty if you have to cycle home into the wind.

I prefer working hard in the morning and then cruising home in the evening.

does that mean you cycled with the wind on your back to get to work .... that is always nasty if you have to cycle home into the wind.

I prefer working hard in the morning and then cruising home in the evening. TOTALLY AGREE!

Had both a headwind and tailwind this morning and usually the same in the afternoon just in the opposite direction (of course.)

I prefer working hard in the morning and then cruising home in the evening.

Other way around for me.

Perfect excuse to go via Newlands avenue/Rhodes drive and then Constantia Neck to southern burbs.  :clap:

So today is the start of spring here in Europe .... right.  Commuter Challenge is really becomming a challenge then.

attachicon.gifASpring.JPG

don't see the problem .... looks like a lovely day for a bicycle ride

don't see the problem .... looks like a lovely day for a bicycle ride

Well if you are kitted out to be exposed to -8 for an hour and fourty minutes then it is not a problem.  I do not have the kit ... yet.

Well if you are kitted out to be exposed to -8 for an hour and fourty minutes then it is not a problem.  I do not have the kit ... yet.

all I am hearing are excuses :P

In getting ready for my early morning Cpt commutes before sunrise, I at last managed to sort out my lights .... Crc had a special on their dynamo light and starbike had a good price on their 15mm SP dynamo .... ???? .. so sorted for winter now ..

With a 2 hour plus commute daily keeping the batteries charged will hopefully be a past issue now.

post-20017-0-30952300-1521711045_thumb.jpg

post-20017-0-99523100-1521711063_thumb.jpg