Bike Hub Commuters Challenge 2018

Bateleur1

SilverRider, where are you? Your stats haven't moved for a while now - hope all ok?

I'm still here, had to commute with the bakkie the last few weeks because of rain and other household duties, not to mention a number of visits to the vet. And I need to upload some data as well, have been a bit slack with that  :blush:

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well a beaver (the type that munches on trees) almost dented my commutes yesterday.  We were three commuting together and were moving at quite a pace inline when we came around a corner and was surprised by a tree lying over the cycling lane with compliments from Mr/Mrs Beaver.  Luckily it was not a thick trunk lying in the road as there was no chance of stopping in time.

sugar free, banting friendly I hope :)

I've been experimenting, getting more and more requests like this.... so I guess it's the winners choice :)

But having said that, I think the winner would've earned something loaded in sugar and calories and decadence  :thumbup:

I would say No leg warmers, but at that temp I'd be more concerned about cold feet than cold legs, so Shoe Covers?

And what are those, Snow gloves?

I would say No leg warmers, but at that temp I'd be more concerned about cold feet than cold legs, so Shoe Covers?

And what are those, Snow gloves?

Nope the leg warmers.  Was pretty warm at my start (about 8 degrees) so was expecting a drop of at most 4 along the way to work.  Which is not bearable with no leg warmers.  But as I went along the temp just dropped, and dropped and dropped to 0.8.  So was a tad chilly along the way.  My feet are normally okay with the cold.

The gloves are normal winter cycling gloves but wil invest in something better as they are not that good actually.

you wore white shoes against all advice offered by your loved one's not to do so?

you wore white shoes against all advice offered by your loved one's not to do so?

If you crash into the undergrowth it might be easier for the loved one's to find me if the shoes are sticking out ;)

If you crash into the undergrowth it might be easier for the loved one's to find me if the shoes are sticking out ;)

It would probably be in your best interest to add pink socks then...

Got a real nasty flat this morning.

It was still dark, going about 35kmh, went into some metal stuff which sounded like barbed wire.

Tyre has a nasty gash. Luckily a fellow commuter provided some patch to stick on the inside. A brand new GP4000  :(

Still don't know what the object was.

Got a real nasty flat this morning.

It was still dark, going about 35kmh, went into some metal stuff which sounded like barbed wire.

Tyre has a nasty gash. Luckily a fellow commuter provided some patch to stick on the inside. A brand new GP4000  :(

Still don't know what the object was.

It was karma for teasing me with the pink socks  :whistling: .

Sorry to hear of you misfortune though.

Well the week is looking good to do my first 5 day commute this week.  Need to take it easy in the first half not to burn too many matches otherwise I will suffer in the second half of the week.  A co-worker might join me on my commute tommorow or Thursday which would be nice as he won't be strong so I could really take it easy.  Maybe take some pics.

Well the week is looking good to do my first 5 day commute this week.  Need to take it easy in the first half not to burn too many matches otherwise I will suffer in the second half of the week.  A co-worker might join me on my commute tommorow or Thursday which would be nice as he won't be strong so I could really take it easy.  Maybe take some pics.

You need to get going, You're unusually faaaar down on the list. I keep thinking something is wrong because I don't see your name up towards the top.

You need to get going, You're unusually faaaar down on the list. I keep thinking something is wrong because I don't see your name up towards the top.

Depending on the others guys I should go top 10 by the end of the week.

Archived