Bike Hub Commuters Challenge 2018

Bateleur1

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thing has never worked properly for me.

It syncs all activities as steps, so Endomondo just thinks I walk a hell of a lot.

hahaha weird. i used mine to sync endomondo to strava, which worked. so maybe its from strava to endomondo thats not so great.

Had my first commute this morning. First time on a bike in almost two years I think.. And wearing a back pack +/-6kg's. 

Needless to say, I was absolutely destroyed. But it was a blast, as bad as it was. Looking forward to my return trip this afternoon already :)

Not adding it to the endomondo challenge though. Way too ashamed. :)

Edited by GhostSixFour

For all those wanting to know if you can sync endomondo / strava, I use https://tapiriik.com/ it auto syncs about 10 min after you complete recording on the one app. It was $2 for a year, so pretty cheap.

I see there is another app called SyncMyTracks which is R46.

As for creating a challenge on strava, I dont think it was possible to say only commute rides or something like that, maybe someone with a premium account can try create a challenge on strava to see if it works?

Good luck for all those taking part, may you all have safe journeys :thumbup:

I have a premium account with Strava.  I will have a look and report back during the morning.

Thanks to global warming I might be in for a shot to start commuting next week if the weather predictions are to be trusted.  Tuesday is really looking good.  Maybe can add my first 70.

post-71-0-03529400-1515048478.jpg

Edited by Bateleur1

I have a premium account with Strava.  I will have a look and report back during the morning.

As a premium member you can't create challanges as well.  What is the feeling?  Should we create a club/group for the 2018 commute challange on Strava?

As a premium member you can't create challanges as well.  What is the feeling?  Should we create a club/group for the 2018 commute challange on Strava?

Yes....I personally couldn't be bothered to download/register for yet another app as well as third party app for everything to talk to each other...too much admin IMHO.

I log my rides on Strava and note them as commutes when I do commute...

Yes....I personally couldn't be bothered to download/register for yet another app as well as third party app for everything to talk to each other...too much admin IMHO.

I log my rides on Strava and note them as commutes when I do commute...

What I've decided to do is export my Strava commute gpx files and import them into Endomondo... doesn't take long...

What I've decided to do is export my Strava commute gpx files and import them into Endomondo... doesn't take long...

Yeah...still admin tho.

*EDIT - I am lazy when it comes to admin re my rides...as it is I sometimes don't bother with logging my stuff on Strava...I just wanna jump on and ride. If I have to now worry about 2 apps recording or transferring files etc....meh...

Surely there must be a way to setup a challenge on Strava?

Edited by Skinnyone

Yeah...still admin tho.

Surely there must be a way to setup a challenge on Strava?

I don't know how they do it, but, maybe something like the monthly distance/climbing/gran fondo challenges.

Thanks to global warming I might be in for a shot to start commuting next week if the weather predictions are to be trusted.  Tuesday is really looking good.  Maybe can add my first 70.

attachicon.gifGeretsried Weather.JPG

That is hardcore. The saffers need to remember this post come June/July.

Ok. Strava group created.

https://www.strava.com/clubs/333040/leaderboard

Endomondo is the official site for this challange.

Strava is a add on until they wake up one day with creating custom challanges.  The advantage of Strava is that we can see on a week to week basis who has logged the most miles and climb the most.  This could spice up the challange.

Edited by Bateleur1

Ok. Strava group created.

https://www.strava.com/clubs/333040/leaderboard

Endomondo is the official site for this challange.

Strava is a add on until the wake up one day with creating custom challanges.  The advantage of Strava is that we can see on a week to week basis who has logged the most miles and climb the most.  This could spice up the challange.

Ok, nobody else join, I'm winning right now :P