Enduro Tyre Pressure

Trail Ninja

Hi Guys

Can the enduro and downhill junkies just please tap into this question quick

General preferred tyre pressure when riding enduro???

I have ARC27 29er wheelset with 27mm inner width

Ride Onza Ibex 2.4 front and Specialized Purgatory 2.3 rear

I weight 72kg and have 120mm travel front and 110mm travel rear (Pyga OneTen29)

I know terrain obviously plays a huge role.......but for those doing Dirtopia enduros or generally enduro type riding...what should my pressures be?

Or at least what should it be with some different terrain aspects such as rock, gravel, loamy forest etc.?

Cheerz

You need to experiment a bit. There is no one right answer. The trail composition, your weight, the temperature and moisture content of the trail will all play a role. Generally for a gravity discipline you will run your tyres harder than for a marathon event to protect your rims and maintain grip and stop burping when the tyres are really pushed into corners. 

to add to Headshot's post (which is 100% correct) there's also the casing strength (Grid / Control) as well as your speed that come into play. 

25PSI is generally a good starting point, with the rear always being slightly harder than the front. When you start seeing striations on the tyre's sidewalls, it's too soft. They come int he form of crosses (X) on the sidewall, which are highlighted by the dirt / dust on your tire. 

Archived