Marvel Bike Lights

blouponie

Next to its replacement...Extreme light. Just could not justify the price of the Extreme battery ( price against how long the original Extreme light battery lasted) ...

attachicon.gifIMG-20180730-WA0000.jpgattachicon.gifIMG-20180730-WA0001.jpg

Try fitting an Extreme Lights clamp to the Marvel light.

I've done the same successfully with two different Chinese lights!

The larger sized lights tend to bounce around on the bars when using the stock O-ring bar clamp; Extreme Lights clamps are really secure in comparison.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played around with my 900 Lumen over the weekend, and having trouble getting the battery to fit snug on the top tube. Going to have to find a way around that.

I have the same problem so I wrap a piece of insulating tape once around the battery and frame once I tied the strap up. Haven't moved since.

How do you get the light to point forward when attached to the headband?

(Yes, I get that it's attached with elastic band, but it points down, unless I am meant to wear the elasticated headband like Hannibal Lecter wears his face mask).

How do you get the light to point forward when attached to the headband?

(Yes, I get that it's attached with elastic band, but it points down, unless I am meant to wear the elasticated headband like Hannibal Lecter wears his face mask).

I cut the elastic off and cable tie the mount to my lid

Mine's attached to the handlebars, but having the headband for the odd foray into a cave could be handy. Just wondering what I am missing. 

First morning ride done with mine. REALLY impressed.

I think before 3am counts as a late night ride, not an early mornng ride

Mine's attached to the handlebars, but having the headband for the odd foray into a cave could be handy. Just wondering what I am missing.

You might find a sports team. Who knows...

Played around with my 900 Lumen over the weekend, and having trouble getting the battery to fit snug on the top tube. Going to have to find a way around that.

Have you managed to get out on the road with it yet? Have ordered 2 for my wife and myself so we can head out in the morning a bit earlier, so just wondering how it works for the road? 

Hoping they arrived by Wednesday as I want to try them out on Thursday.

Have you managed to get out on the road with it yet? Have ordered 2 for my wife and myself so we can head out in the morning a bit earlier, so just wondering how it works for the road? 

Hoping they arrived by Wednesday as I want to try them out on Thursday.

Not yet, if I didn't have to leave for work when it's dark and early, then I would possibly be riding when it's dark and early :ph34r: :whistling: 

Really just got the light for when I do early morning rides in Durban on the odd Sunday. I have switched the light on at home in the evening when the lights are off, and it's bright, but of course I'm not sure yet how it will fare on the road when it's dark.

I tie my battery to my seat post and run the cable around the top tube  :thumbup:

I tie my batter to my seat post and run the cable around the top tube [emoji106]

That could work too [emoji106]

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I tie my battery to my seat post and run the cable around the top tube  :thumbup:

That could be a damn good idea, better than wrapping the cable a billion times around the handlebars. Mine should hopefully arrive today!!!

Well, after the initial test, there's a few observations on the 2200 lumen unit.

1 - like most chinese lights, this is DEFINITELY not as bright as advertised. 2,200 lumen is most likely the max output of the 5 LED's if driven at the max amperage of the LED's. These are most likely driven at a fraction of their max. 

2 - GREAT spread of light. 

3 - it's HUGE.

4 - Paired with my ExtremeLights Core unit on my head, it's a great combination for riding on tech trails at night

5 - For R 600, it's a bargain. 

That could be a damn good idea, better than wrapping the cable a billion times around the handlebars. Mine should hopefully arrive today!!!

If I can recall, I think the battery itself is indented with rubber pieces. I could only assume by that curve it is meant for the seat post and not the top tube. Unfortunately my light was stolen with my bike  :thumbdown:

If I can recall, I think the battery itself is indented with rubber pieces. I could only assume by that curve it is meant for the seat post and not the top tube. Unfortunately my light was stolen with my bike  :thumbdown:

Yeah, it is indented. Makes the most sense for the seat tube, doesn't work so leka with the top tube. Ended up strapping my wife's between her saddle and the saddle bag, so looks quite neat

Archived