[Event] STBB4GOOD MTB CHALLENGE

Anna_Afrika

Event Name: STBB4GOOD MTB CHALLENGE
When: 13 October 2018
Where: Overgaauw Wine Estate, Western Cape
Category: MTB

This year’s STBB4GOOD MTB Challenge and Family Day will be taking place on Saturday 13 October 2018 at Overgaauw Wine Estate in Stellenbosch over the Bottelary Hills MTB Trails and Conservancy. The aim of this event is to raise funds for the Miles for Smiles Foundation.

The MTB race has become known as one of the “must-do” events on the MTB calendar. Our routes are enjoyable, challenging and well marked, our marshals are on the ball, we have the top class water tables in the industry, and we are told that ours is one of the best organised MTB races in South Africa. Unbelievable prizes from our generous sponsors, and loads of prizes to be won.

After the race, chill out in Bedouin tents, eat, relax and take in the view. Enjoy the food market, artisan beers and wine tasting, plus a jumping castle and arts and crafts for the kids.

Distances: 60km | 45km | 30km | 12km | 5km

ENTRIES OPENING 13 APRIL 2018

Go to Event Page

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Actually worse.. if you keep trying to sign up..it goes too...

Sorry but you do not meet the minimum seeding criteria in order to enter the 160km Premier Event!

You may enter any of the other distances in the Tsogo Sun Amashova Durban Classic 2018.

• 3 months later...

Also entered now.

I see the 60km route on their site included the Orange loop? There is also a section that is no longer ridable.

post-38519-0-18077100-1532957738_thumb.gif

This is the router from last year, so I am not sure how the actual 60km route will look...

post-38519-0-97995700-1532957783_thumb.gif

Hope we can get clarity on this. 

Also entered now.

I see the 60km route on their site included the Orange loop? There is also a section that is no longer ridable.

attachicon.gifMap.gif

This is the router from last year, so I am not sure how the actual 60km route will look...

attachicon.gifRoute.gif

Probably just used the previous years route.  So maybe the final route will be a bit shorter / longer

• 1 month later...

They should really update the website - didn't even bother trying to enter when I saw the landing page still advertising last years event

They really should update the route maps. I've been emailing about that for years now. Never has the Orange loop been included in this route yet every year they show the same route map featuring the orange loop.

attachicon.gifRoute.gif

The route will be the same as last year as per your map.  We will start clearing and rebuilding the Ribbok single track within the next two weeks - hopefully all the trees are down now.  (Just doing the route for the race - can't help with the website!)  

How many of the dead/burnt trees have come down so far?

Quite a number   - going up there next week to tag all the trees that need to be removed / cut down.

• 4 weeks later...

Entered. Hoping to stay dry during the dam crossing this time!

These damn dam crossings are so over rated.

Everyone has done them so many times before.

Fine when you use it to cross the rivers (Joburg2C, Sani etc) but I pity the guys who fall off because some idiot who fell off in front of them tries to climb back on the bridge, or guy in front goes too slow, or guy behind does not give them time/space/gap from the start. 

I am lucky to have crossed all event bridges fine, But, every time I see one ; I wonder if the event organisers realise that most of the guys who fall in, have - a Cell phone and bike GPS/Computer that cost thousands that might not be completely waterproof - further, the water often gets into wheel bearings, suspension bearing, bottom bracket, head-set and a couple of weeks later these riders discover they have to spend a fortune replacing these parts.

Only time I though these bridges (when not required for actual river etc crossing) were justified, was a couple of years back (at Ride the Rhino tour finish) when they were giving prizes for the best wheelie on the bridge.

Other than that, all they are doing is terrorising the novices, and increasing their cost of bike maintenance.

(Yeah, sure there is often a chicken run - but riders are not brave enough to cop out.)

ps. These Bottelary Hill Trails are amazing - I ride them every week - so see you there !!