80-100 KM Route

CoachShane

Hi Guys,

I wonder if you can assist me, i am looking for a route 80 - 100 km route on the east rand, any suggestions? I mean in terms of safe areas to ride through

@CoachShane you're going to have to give loads more info.

With the info supplied I suggest you ride out your driveway, turn left to the stop street/traffic light. turn left at the next, left at the next and keep going until you reach the desired distance. + of this is that should you have a mechanical you're close to home.

Where do you want to start/finish?

Do you want pit stops in the middle?

Looking for a road going to nowhere and back or a twitchy city ride?

What profile are you looking for?

Apoligies, starting anywhere in Northmead-Benoni. Flat route but dont mind hills(including Emperors) and ideally a loop but will take a double lap . Other than that im very flexible 

You could go petit-bapsfontein. At the 4 way stop by petit(not sure road names but there is a shell garage there) you can choose to go 3 ways from there.

I suggest you ride out your driveway, turn left to the stop street/traffic light. turn left at the next, left at the next and keep going until you reach the desired distance. 

dude! My stomach hurts!    :D  :P

You could go petit-bapsfontein. At the 4 way stop by petit(not sure road names but there is a shell garage there) you can choose to go 3 ways from there.

Thanks i know what you talking about

Yes i ride on my own

Then I am not sure how safe it is if you head daveyton side. Even bapsfontein isn't the greatest but there will be other riders on that road.

Head down to great north

take great north towards kempton, right onto pomona and follow the rd down to high rd.

left onto high, past serengeti over the r21 up to pretoria rd.

right onto pretoria rd all the way until oliefantsfontein.

Turn around there and head back.

should be around 60km round trip, add a loop in somewhere along the way for the extra 40km.

Head down to great north

take great north towards kempton, right onto pomona and follow the rd down to high rd.

left onto high, past serengeti over the r21 up to pretoria rd.

right onto pretoria rd all the way until oliefantsfontein.

Turn around there and head back.

should be around 60km round trip, add a loop in somewhere along the way for the extra 40km.

Like this route

Like this route

its my usual route.

If I only feel like doing 30km I go to the R21 and back

40km is the T junction at pretoria rd

50km is to the train station just behind the Engen.

Nice long gradual climb from the bottom of Pomona up till Great North.

Archived