Rockshox Monarch XX

batmobile

Hi Guys

I have the above shock on a Scalpel Si 3 and am having issues with it. I weight 85kg, have the shock pumped 100psi and the sag is only sitting at 20% When doing a Spruit ride it feels pretty much like a hard tail. I've had the lockout re-bled(as I've heard there are some issues with the xloc remote). 

Prior to having 100hr service it was smooth and "plush", which was awesome. 

Just not sure what the problem could be? Any suggestions?

There should be A golden knob o the lockout lever that says something like " threshold " turn this a few clicks to one side and go ride 

but first drop the pressure 

if both of these fail send the shock to Cogent industries in Pretoria 

Thanks for the reply.

Okay, no "golden knob"(chuckling to self) on the remote lockout lever. There's the rebound knob which is set neutral, between the rabbit and tortoise. 

As for the pressure it's already 100psi. According to the setup instructions the psi should be equivalent to my weight in lbs, which should be 185lbs.

Have it bled again, correctly.

Happens when there is still air in the system on the shox side.

Kinda like it is stuck between open and closed.

A proper bleed sorts it out 90% of the time.

Have it bled again, correctly.

Happens when there is still air in the system on the shox side.

Kinda like it is stuck between open and closed.

A proper bleed sorts it out 90% of the time.

Was gonna say the exact same thing...  :thumbup:

Go to one of the other Scalpel threads or simply Google Rock Shox Twinloc issues... Sounds like you have an issue with your lockout.

Thanks for the reply.

Okay, no "golden knob"(chuckling to self) on the remote lockout lever. There's the rebound knob which is set neutral, between the rabbit and tortoise. 

As for the pressure it's already 100psi. According to the setup instructions the psi should be equivalent to my weight in lbs, which should be 185lbs.

Those pressure reomendations are BS , drop the pressure and see if you get the desired sag ( i'm betting you will )

Riding the shock A bit over or under pressure won't hurt it at all 

Your shock pressure already sounds very low.

I weigh 88kgs and run the shock at 145psi which gives me a nice plush ride and I use the full travel on Cape Town's rougher trails.

I use the lockout a lot to compensate for the very plush ride.

I have found it better to run a slower rebound on the rear, 4 clicks from the slowest setting. I tend to run the Lefty quite "fast"

When I had the lockout fail before it meant that the shock didnt release completely. It meant that sometimes the shock would feel locked even when  the lockout was released.

Sounds like a visit to the LBS is needed.

Those pressure reomendations are BS , drop the pressure and see if you get the desired sag ( i'm betting you will )

Riding the shock A bit over or under pressure won't hurt it at all 

You're off the mark this time I'm afraid.

The remote lockout system on that particular model of XX is notorious for giving uphill. You'll need to get the whole eyelet assembly rebuilt and the remote bled, and even then it's not guaranteed to work.

If your LBS had the 100H service done through the agents, send it back - they will either repair or warranty.

You're off the mark this time I'm afraid.

The remote lockout system on that particular model of XX is notorious for giving uphill. You'll need to get the whole eyelet assembly rebuilt and the remote bled, and even then it's not guaranteed to work.

If your LBS had the 100H service done through the agents, send it back - they will either repair or warranty.

Who is the agents? Omnico?

Cape Cycle Systems. But you'll have to go through your LBS, they won't deal with the public directly.

for the xx lever

Who is the agents? Omnico?

for the lefty yes