[Event] Piket-Bo-Berg Cycle Challenge & Trail Run

Delanie

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if this 67k is a tougher ride than the wellington trailseeker?

There is very little jeep track. By very little I mean the longest section is 400m.

I would hazard a guess that it will be very 'different' to the trailseeker, and probably quite different to any bike race you've ridden.

I can guarantee you that it will be tougherer. If you are not sure, that 10km ST climb at the start will make you understand what you let yourself in for.  :clap:

I have read somewhere, in the past, that the 67km has about a 60% DNF which should give you a fair estimate...

60% --- oh my goodness. 

Sometimes I like to really suffer and battle it out ... sometimes I just feel that I'd like a nice easy ride, a relaxing one... hope I'm in the mood for it on the day.

I can guarantee you that it will be tougherer. If you are not sure, that 10km ST climb at the start will make you understand what you let yourself in for.  :clap:

I have read somewhere, in the past, that the 67km has about a 60% DNF which should give you a fair estimate...

60%  :eek:  :eek:

Is that as in 60% do not finish, or 60% don't make it before the cut-off time? 

ok, I need to get on my bike pronto 

60% --- oh my goodness.

Sometimes I like to really suffer and battle it out ... sometimes I just feel that I'd like a nice easy ride, a relaxing one... hope I'm in the mood for it on the day.

The DNF is between 30%-40%. They brag about it at the start of the race. It is pretty tough, but another reason is that you can bail at waterpoint 3 and complete the race with the 37km competitors. TheY then mark you as a DNF

The DNF is between 30%-40%. They brag about it at the start of the race. It is pretty tough, but another reason is that you can bail at waterpoint 3 and complete the race with the 37km competitors. TheY then mark you as a DNF

I did just over 6hrs last year. Was damn tempted to bail at WP3 but pride kept me going. The technical stuff is all rideable but it is relentless and rocky. When you are very tired even going down does not provide relief as you need to concentrate not to crash.

Still very excited, but reading the profile again now...

Compare the technical bits to other races, are severe is the drops and stuff?  

- After WP3...is a 1.3km switchback climb with an ascend of 100 meters

- Pine Forest Play Park with some interesting obstacles including swinging bridges, ride the plank, drops and more, to test your skills! 

60% :eek: :eek:

Is that as in 60% do not finish, or 60% don't make it before the cut-off time?

ok, I need to get on my bike pronto

There is no cut-off time. Final guy came at around 7:30 last year.

Problem is people that go off with a bang . . . Then they go bang 2 hrs in. .

Ouberg?

Still very excited, but reading the profile again now...

Compare the technical bits to other races, are severe is the drops and stuff?

- After WP3...is a 1.3km switchback climb with an ascend of 100 meters

- Pine Forest Play Park with some interesting obstacles including swinging bridges, ride the plank, drops and more, to test your skills!

You will love it! This is now my favorite race. I am doing the 37km this year, but that’s mainly because I am not very fit at the moment and will be doing The U in Oct as well