No Talk about Clint Hendricks

MonsterMan

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone mentioned that apparently it is a South African disease to celebrate mediocrity...

That is not it.

The South African disease is entitlement - to such an extent that the sun is not allowed to shine over anyone.

Well done Clint!

Ahhh so many stereotypes playing out here. It's like watching Dr. Phil Amateur Hour.

#jyisnaar #naarAsitus www.naar.co.za ????????????????

Yup Clint’s achievement is great and well put Dale, must say that’s about as “stern” as I have ever seen you.

But this thread was about people insinuating some form of bias by BikeHub, still waiting to see who has the balls to just come out and say what they meant!

Yup Clint’s achievement is great and well put Dale, must say that’s about as “stern” as I have ever seen you.

But this thread was about people insinuating some form of bias by BikeHub, still waiting to see who has the balls to just come out and say what they meant!

Alan had a whole thread on his achievement (not the news report posted by his sponsors)

Clint had a mention from 'Dale on the Commonwealth thread until a day later the OP asked why is nobody discussing this? (replying with lectures on how winning a road cycling medal at the CW is not really a thing probably didn't help here)

Not saying the hub is biased but I can certainly see where the perception is coming from?

Alan had a whole thread on his achievement (not the news report posted by his sponsors)

Clint had a mention from 'Dale on the Commonwealth thread until a day later the OP asked why is nobody discussing this? (replying with lectures on how winning a road cycling medal at the CW is not really a thing probably didn't help here)

Not saying the hub is biased but I can certainly see where the perception is coming from?

So someone who is a fanboy/girl of Alan started a thread to congratulate the man, so instead of crying out why no-one did the same for Clint, why didn't the OP rather start this thread with "Congrats Clint" instead of moaning?

So someone who is a fanboy/girl of Alan started a thread to congratulate the man, so instead of crying out why no-one did the same for Clint, why didn't the OP rather start this thread with "Congrats Clint" instead of moaning?

It was Team Spur's marketing arm that sent thehub an article on Alan medal.

There is no drama/conspiracy theory/debate when you solve your own problem quickly and quietly.

Is it just me or is there a lot of "makes you wonder" style talk on thehub at the moment? Why don't people just pull their goolies out and say what they mean instead of going the passive micro aggression route?

Good point, I was just pointing out where I think the perception is coming from.

No thread for Ashleigh Moolman's 2nd place yesterday so I guess us hubbers are sexist as well.  :ph34r:

Just a personal observation, it can be very hard to predict what subjects will interest hubbers enough to post about it. I have attended races with 1000+ riders that doesn't even get a mention on the hub and then you get some small gravel bike race in the karoo with 20 riders but with a thread on here that goes on for weeks.

Good point, I was just pointing out where I think the perception is coming from.

No thread for Ashleigh Moolman's 2nd place yesterday so I guess us hubbers are sexist as well. :ph34r:

Just a personal observation, it can be very hard to predict what subjects will interest hubbers enough to post about it. I have attended races with 1000+ riders that doesn't even get a mention on the hub and then you get some small gravel bike race in the karoo with 20 riders but with a thread on here that goes on for weeks.

Ashleigh did get some love in the classics thread...

Edit: Ashleigh got her own article on cyclingnews which is even better :-)

That and Louis got one too a short while ago - good to see saffers making the headlines internationally!!

How is this still going?

Well done Clint, legend performance.

I hope it propels you to even bigger and better results.

The End.

This thread reminds me of the one when Malcolm Lange won his 400th elite race - or was it his 400th "shorter than classic" fun ride?

In any event you can only race the race that you are in.  I've watched the games race twice and I think Clint did a great job.  He stayed in the right moves and was there for the sprint.  Can't do more than that.  Ask the New Zealanders just how mediocre that was.

What was apparent was the well concealed South African game plan.  I still can't say who the protected rider was.  If Clint had had a bit of SA company in the last 500m who knows what he could have done?

It was Team Spur's marketing arm that sent thehub an article on Alan medal.

There is no drama/conspiracy theory/debate when you solve your own problem quickly and quietly.

Is it just me or is there a lot of "makes you wonder" style talk on thehub at the moment? Why don't people just pull their goolies out and say what they mean instead of going the passive micro aggression route?

Team Spur's marketing arm surely has to be the biggest fanboy of Alan ;)

But yes, I agree with you, it makes you wonder what people are wondering about, know what I mean.

No thread for Ashleigh Moolman's 2nd place yesterday so I guess us hubbers are sexist as well.  :ph34r:

Sorry Skubarra, wasn't attacking your post, just looked like a good springboard for mine. I fully agree with you.

And if you think Clint has it tough - you have to feel for Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio. She just came second La Flèche Wallonne (despite some really dodgy riding by the Boels Dolmans ladies.

oy2yz.jpg

(I did a search for Ashleigh, and the last thread about her was in 2015)

Archived