No Talk about Clint Hendricks

MonsterMan

And if you think Clint has it tough - you have to feel for Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio. She just came second La Flèche Wallonne (despite some really dodgy riding by the Boels Dolmans ladies.

oy2yz.jpg

(I did a search for Ashleigh, and the last thread about her was in 2015)

Its in the nuus...but anyway its not as important as the Commonwealth Games

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its in the nuus...but anyway its not as important as the Commonwealth Games

You mean that part of the Hub that I don't go to (and clearly isn't searchable)?

It's a whole new area for me to explore!

Eldron picks up his wooden spoon...

Cycling SA has a Facebook post congratulating Ashleigh on her second spot - the day after she did it. It took a few weeks before they put up something about Clint's medal.

Does that make then racist, sexist or both?

/all of the above was written with my comic sans pen....

Cycling SA has a Facebook post congratulating Ashleigh on her second spot - the day after she did it. It took a few weeks before they put up something about Clint's medal.

makes you wonder

I stopped reading when I saw "Cycling SA" followed by "Facebook".

Still annoyed that CSA are going to charge me for two day licences at 36One, because it's over 2 days (for us at least - but won't charge those who finish in the early hours of Sunday morning for 3 licences). Only time you see them at 36One is when they are taking your money...

Sorry - I got distracted. You were saying?

You mean that part of the Hub that I don't go to (and clearly isn't searchable)?

It's a whole new area for me to explore!

Thats the one.....I generally go there by fluke

I stopped reading when I saw "Cycling SA" followed by "Facebook".

Still annoyed that CSA are going to charge me for two day licences at 36One, because it's over 2 days (for us at least - but won't charge those who finish in the early hours of Sunday morning for 3 licences). Only time you see them at 36One is when they are taking your money...

Sorry - I got distracted. You were saying?

Wait, you pay CSA? 

I just send my 3 year old to collect my number at registration, CSA and the 3 year old have a great chat and at the end I get my number and pay CSA the fair value of a CSA license. R0.00. 

They told the 3 year old that if daddy wins, he wont be allowed on podium. 3 year old just rolled his eyes.

And if you think Clint has it tough - you have to feel for Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio. She just came second La Flèche Wallonne (despite some really dodgy riding by the Boels Dolmans ladies.

oy2yz.jpg

(I did a search for Ashleigh, and the last thread about her was in 2015)

Clint was lucky enough to have his race broadcast! Ash had to rely on people refreshing twitter or a live typed stream. :P

Clint was lucky enough to have his race broadcast! Ash had to rely on people refreshing twitter or a live typed stream. :P

Think Clint was a stunner, diluted field or not, there were still some world class cyclists in there and he did damn well to hang onto wheels without a team to guide him through.

Was really stoked to see Ashley get a great result. Pity that last climb was just a rise too far.

To be (un)fare, both events were kinda (saw the highlight of the ladies finish watching the men's event) broadcast. You just needed Multichoice services to enjoy it.

Wait, you pay CSA? 

I just send my 3 year old to collect my number at registration, CSA and the 3 year old have a great chat and at the end I get my number and pay CSA the fair value of a CSA license. R0.00. 

They told the 3 year old that if daddy wins, he wont be allowed on podium. 3 year old just rolled his eyes.

The table at 36One is manned by three of the scariest Klein Karoo ladies you'll ever meet. Just one snarl, and your three-year-old will turn to stone. And they've positioned the table in such a way that no matter how sneaky you are, they'll spot you!

It's a pity that your three-year-old has so little faith in your abilities - my three-year-old thinks I win everything. I have to sneakily take a medal with me on a training ride so that when I come home I don't disappoint him...

To be (un)fare, both events were kinda (saw the highlight of the ladies finish watching the men's event) broadcast. You just needed Multichoice services to enjoy it.

Or be brave enough to venture onto *those* dodgy websites where, once you've swatted a thousand popups, you get to learn a foreign language while watching some cycling...

Wait, you pay CSA? 

:clap: I must get me a 3 year old. LOL

:clap: I must get me a 3 year old. LOL

Heard they like sweets and hang out at parks... try your luck there :P

If you want you can have mine :P

Wait, you pay CSA? 

I have to concur with Velouria - the southern cape branch of CSA is quite vigilant and those militant aunties don't miss a trick. I was made to pay my CSA day license at a small Karoo town basaar race in the middle of nowhere with 5 other entrants. Even your 3 year old will be defeated.

Or be brave enough to venture onto *those* dodgy websites where, once you've swatted a thousand popups, you get to learn a foreign language while watching some cycling...

Been there, done enough of my share of that. Find it frustrating because I'm generally a lazy searcher. So DSTV all the way. Only reason I have the package these days.

Been there, done enough of my share of that. Find it frustrating because I'm generally a lazy searcher. So DSTV all the way. Only reason I have the package these days.

I ditched DSTV several years ago when they decided to bump Paris-Roubaix from a live broadcast to a "delayed-live" broadcast several hours later, so that they could show replays of tennis.

Archived