Cycling TV Coverage

Nakoota

VPN's route your internet traffic via a foreign server, so when something like Eurosport Player looks to see where you are located, it will get an IP Address  of the location you selected, so it won't block you. On some VPN Service Providers you select where you want to 'be', what country. 

Normally you set up the VPN on the PC or tablet, and it then sends all your Internet traffic to the server, so you will have to find a VPN service provider that has an App for your Smart TV (normally Android PlayStore)

VPN's route your internet traffic via a foreign server, so when something like Eurosport Player looks to see where you are located, it will get an IP Address  of the location you selected, so it won't block you. On some VPN Service Providers you select where you want to 'be', what country. 

Normally you set up the VPN on the PC or tablet, and it then sends all your Internet traffic to the server, so you will have to find a VPN service provider that has an App for your Smart TV (normally Android PlayStore)

spot on..

You could potentially set up the VPN at the router level.  Then all internet taffic will automatically go over the VPN.  However, this is router model dependent.  Not difficult to set up if you are IT inclined, but will be foreign if you are a point and click end user.

some info here:  https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-install-a-vpn-on-your-router

spot on..

You could potentially set up the VPN at the router level. Then all internet taffic will automatically go over the VPN. However, this is router model dependent. Not difficult to set up if you are IT inclined, but will be foreign if you are a point and click end user.

some info here: https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-install-a-vpn-on-your-router

Thanks to both of you for the concise response. Will look into it

I’ve tried the above steps and I have a problem.

I have installed VPN Unlimited on my iPad and my connection shows the VPN icon.

I selected UK South in VPN Unlimited as my region and changed my iPad’s region from South Africa to United Kingdom.

However, when I attempt to access the Eurosport Player from the App Store, after tapping on the link on the Eurosport website, I get a message stating that this app is not available in the South African store. It does not give me the option to switch to the UK store.

Any ideas as to where I have gone wrong?

Are you sure the VPN is working? test it some other way to verify that your IP is where ever you have selected

Otherwise (maybe) the ipad is still giving your location to the appstore somehow, could be GPS or who knows how else. You will need to find another way around that.

With Android you would find the apk, which is  binary file which you click on to install.

In terms of router level VPN'ing yes an option but beyond the reach of most users in terms of skills and know-how.

I’ve given up trying to get it to work on my iPad and have it working perfectly on my MacBook’s browser which I am broadcasting to my Apple TV with Airplay.

I'm using a Firestick and my Amazon account is UK based ...maybe change the app store/ iTunes to a UK one...

The Apple App store is a little cleverer than most location restricted services, afaik it goes as far as to check your credit card is registered in the right place and so on. You can get an international account but it is a far more complicated process.

I just use Eurosport through the web browser. I did try using it through the iPad browser but it actually detected it was an iPad and then wanted you to download the app so i gave up on that route.

I’ve tried the above steps and I have a problem.

I have installed VPN Unlimited on my iPad and my connection shows the VPN icon.

I selected UK South in VPN Unlimited as my region and changed my iPad’s region from South Africa to United Kingdom.

However, when I attempt to access the Eurosport Player from the App Store, after tapping on the link on the Eurosport website, I get a message stating that this app is not available in the South African store. It does not give me the option to switch to the UK store.

Any ideas as to where I have gone wrong?

Try this one easy to use

https://www.tunnelbear.com

On the PC I just have to use VPN (ExpressVPN), but on my Android phone you need to fake your GPS location as well when running the Eurosport app. Just pick a location e.g. London, similar to the Country what you use in the VPN. I use Fake GPS Free.

The app itself I install with the APK instalation file.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If you have an Android device you can install the UKTVnow app. Live cycling and highlights. Also lots of motorsport etc from the UK channels. No need for VPN

Archived