Bottelary Hills Mtb Trail maintenance

Trail-Blazer

Ride with caution! Run-offs opened up all over in advance of the heavy rainfalls expected over the winter period, the exit of Ribbok has been extensively reworked and widened and the exit of Mongoose has been changed; beware, on both stretches the going is soft until it gets ridden in!

Edited by Trail-Blazer

Please avoid Ribbok completely. After two days of high winds the exit route is littered with fallen trees that are nearly impossible to pass, it is unsafe and quite possibly more trees will come down in tonight's storm.

Pics show before (Wednesday) and after (today)

post-78624-0-36432900-1527940707_thumb.jpgpost-78624-0-78828300-1527940716_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trail-Blazer

Yes rode there couple weeks back and had a rather tricky tree crossing. Unfortunately couldn't clear them as they were to big to move even with 3 of us.

Was still a great ride though we got lost took the short red and ended up doing 48km.????????????

Edited by Me rida my bicycle

I rode it on sunday with the trees still in the way. It was one very slippery track........... Luckily i could JUST climb over as im 2meters tall. 

Thanx to all involved for a great route though, i enjoy it every time

Ribbok cleared of all trees, thanks Sean. Just watch the soft surface after the repairs. Big rain coming Saturday, maybe give it a miss on Sunday...  

Blue route temporarily closed due to excavation on a large scale of a new road across the trail. When the digging is finished we will find a new way around it.

post-78624-0-26817800-1528573576_thumb.png

Edited by Trail-Blazer

• 2 weeks later...

Beware! Fish Eagle has had a makeover, until it gets ridden in the going is soft. Sunday could get muddy after Saturday’s rain. We have also reopened the old exit of Ribbok as a temporary solution to avoiding the fallen trees. post-78624-0-07778000-1529725292_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Trail-Blazer

• 1 month later...

hi, is the ribbok ST closed again?  i see some people have ridden it, but the signposting still diverts you around it.

also, on the bypass of the ribbok ST, a tree has fallen across the trail.

hi, is the ribbok ST closed again?  i see some people have ridden it, but the signposting still diverts you around it.

also, on the bypass of the ribbok ST, a tree has fallen across the trail.

Still closed - please follow red arrows on yellow background.  Will look to reopen it after the winter when all the burned trees would hopefully have toppled over.  Just to dangerous at the moment. 

• 3 weeks later...

Attention! Red route re-route! The Welgelegen climb has been moved over one block to avoid accidents with fast-moving motorbikes, 4 x 4’s, farm vehicles and tractors.

Follow the red arrows up the hill, cross over the jeeptrack you used to ride along, turn left and head for the new singletrack built last week. post-78624-0-87138800-1534887969_thumb.jpegpost-78624-0-80056500-1534887999_thumb.jpeg