Hector Norris Park -Track

Rolling Stone

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great thread !!!

Many hours of youth spent having fun on that track. Used to braai in the middle as well !

Topic pinned.

Will be great to get a following.

Maybe even organise a hubbers day for the GP hubbers.

That would be awesome.

We still believe that Hector Norris is a medal factory and that many more champions can be created there.

Starting with the Youths we need to build the Track following up again.

What a great thread !!!

Many hours of youth spent having fun on that track. Used to braai in the middle as well !

Topic pinned.

Will be great to get a following.

Maybe even organise a hubbers day for the GP hubbers.

I used to ride on the krugersdorp and west driefontein tracks, was a blast, especially motorpacing

Why dont you guys organise a hubber's saturday morning track get together ?

Have a breakfast braai type thing and anyone and everyone can come and ride around the track as long as it has wheels and pedals. Mom's dads kids anyone and everyone. Heck even kids on push bikes.

Just as a reminder that riding round a track does not have to always be about racing.

Why dont you guys organise a hubber's saturday morning track get together ?

Have a breakfast braai type thing and anyone and everyone can come and ride around the track as long as it has wheels and pedals. Mom's dads kids anyone and everyone. Heck even kids on push bikes.

Just as a reminder that riding round a track does not have to always be about racing.

Awesome idea

Kids on push bikes ae always welcome, we had one in the kiddies race on Saturday. Even won one race with a handy handicap.

As a Track Cyclist it is required to complete a Track intro and skills course (TC Training Systems or at the Pilditch Track) before you can race the league. The clinic is very beneficial for safety reasons, and to build confidence on the track. Tim at TC training systems. 081 7022039. tctrainingsystems@gmail.com
The clinic at HNP takes place once a month on a Saturday from 10:30 to 13:30.

VWE Track Academy also offers regular track days for youths that would like to bring their own bike and experience the thrill of riding on a racing track. All ages welcome. For more information on track youth days please contact Jeremy Martins at 072 059 9490.

Edited by Rolling Stone

• 11 months later...

Hi all

I'm new in JHB and looking to get into track cycling. Is anything still happening at HN? Can one rent a bike?

Thanks in advance

Hi all

I'm new in JHB and looking to get into track cycling. Is anything still happening at HN? Can one rent a bike?

Thanks in advance

I was there 2 weeks ago they has a fun criterium event on and the guy said they do rent out bikes. Check their Facebook page they do post upcoming stuff on there.

I was there 2 weeks ago they has a fun criterium event on and the guy said they do rent out bikes. Check their Facebook page they do post upcoming stuff on there.

Great stuff thanks I really appreciate it