101%

Tom Boonen fan ban for life.... ;-)
Now now, be nice Mr Crux! (but must admit...good one)Clap

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear. When will these cyclists learn that it's dangerous to get too close to the white line?

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Ps....sorry for all the quotations! Embarrassed

Oh dear. When will these cyclists learn that it's dangerous to get too close to the white line?
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
Ps....sorry for all the quotations! Embarrassed

PPA would have DSQ him immediately for crossing the white lineWink

PPA would have DSQ him immediately for crossing the white lineWink
Oh yes! And I think Pedal would have handled the case herself? Sorry...are we Hijacking this thread? We are still on topic right?Confused Embarrassed

Oh man, i dont know what to say...

He is my favourite rider, i kinda knew all along, just kinda wished that it would never surface.

Can sumone keep tabs on this story to find out what the consequences / action will be? Keep updating the hub

Thx

belgians other great achievements:

Tintin' date=' chips, waffles... and again BEER!!
[/quote']

Dont forget Stefan Everts bud or Joel Smets or even Steve Ramon

True!!!! The belgians have produced some of the sporting greats!!!!

Racing MX as a youngster I remember seeing Stefan Everts father(Harry) come out here and race ...One of my hero's back then!!!

Oh man' date=' i dont know what to say...

He is my favourite rider, i kinda knew all along, just kinda wished that it would never surface.

Can sumone keep tabs on this story to find out what the consequences / action will be? Keep updating the hub

Thx
[/quote']

this from ap:

"The Quick Step team is still invited but the tour director does not want Tom Boonen," said spokesman Kurt Henauer, adding that the organizers don't "want to have riders that take drugs."
However, the International Cycling Union said Boonen was unlikely to face punishment from the sports governing body regardless of the results of the Belgian probe because the test came during a break from racing.
"It seems that it wouldn't be any violation of our rules because in out-of-competition tests cocaine is not a forbidden substance, for the WADA Code and the UCI anti-doping rules," UCI spokesman Enrico Carpani said from Switzerland.

more about why he will escape any sanction:

"There are time limits for out-of-competition tests. Three days before a race is considered out of competition. If you take cocaine one day before a race you will test positive," he added.
The World Anti-Doping Agency classifies cocaine as a stimulant on the official prohibited list but it is only prohibited if the substance is taken in-competition, WADA spokesman Frederic Donze said in a telephone interview.

aaah thx holy roller, that has put it very well into perspective. Thumbs%20Up

Awesome, so he probably will ride, i cant see how Quickstep will not take him with to the tour regardless of what Jean Marie thinks of his character.

Awesome!!!! Boonen is still on top Smile

Hunter does not stand a chance Thumbs%20Up

no prob, toohot!!!!

i also like the big boy. loads of personality. brings the "rock star"element to the sport in a way that lance could never have done!

well if that is Tom crossing the line, he clearly doesn't have many fans!!! as seen in this picture they are all looking at the other rider

well if that is Tom crossing the line' date=' he clearly doesn't have many fans!!! as seen in this picture they are all looking at the other rider [/quote']

at least he's crossing the line and not snorting it!

well if that is Tom crossing the line' date=' he clearly doesn't have many fans!!! as seen in this picture they are all looking at the other rider

[/quote']

Silence!

The real reason is because he is still slowing down, specialized dont make air parachutes for breaks yet and if the crowd tried to synchronise head movement with Tom, at the speed he sprints, they would all have whiplash.

Thats why when u look at sprint finishes with Rob Hunter the crowds are always looking in front of him, cos they still waiting for slow coach to catch up

LOL ... just kidding

LOL