Sounds like Tom has been a bad boy!!!

101%

A certain Barloworld rider's chance of winning green next month just got a little bit better?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A certain Barloworld rider's chance of winning green next month just got a little bit better?

and we're assuming barloworld's riders are clean?

Is mieliepap seen as a doping substance?

thats mean HR' date=' we could never suspect a barloworld rider of doping tsk tsk[/quote']

just playing devil's advocateWink

no, you dolt, it's only performace enhancing in fishing!

why would they have tested him for cocaine in any case instead of the true performance enhancing stuff like EPO,  steroids or testosterone?

i am sure they dont just draw blood and test for about 100 substances with cocaine being one of them?

to what performance enhancing benefit is cocaine in any case?  does it mask the pain?

just find it strange for someone to do an out of competition test and then test for cocaine that i am sure does not stay in our body long enough to have any affect come race day.

why would they have tested him for cocaine in any case instead of the true performance enhancing stuff like EPO' date='  steroids or testosterone?

i am sure they dont just draw blood and test for about 100 substances with cocaine being one of them?

to what performance enhancing benefit is cocaine in any case?  does it mask the pain?

just find it strange for someone to do an out of competition test and then test for cocaine that i am sure does not stay in our body long enough to have any affect come race day.

[/quote']

Doc, it's a generic test.  We had it at a company where I had to get a vehicle license.  They test for just about everything, using 3 or 4 different tube-thingies.  I know ours was in 3 tubes and it tested for all known "banned" substances when driving.  This included weed, cocaine, booze, E, etc etc.

no' date=' you dolt, it's only performace enhancing in fishing!
[/quote']

He is fishing!!!!  For young uns!  And you may be Holy, but it's SIR dolt to you.

ewep2008-06-10 00:53:05

Shame he grew up in Belgium, he needs some exitement in his life. The TDF will be a poorer place without him. What now? a second test to confirm the non negative?

Shame he grew up in Belgium' date=' he needs some exitement in his life. The TDF will be a poorer place without him. What now? a second test to confirm the non negative?

[/quote']

aaaaaah, belgium?known for only two things: great beer and paedophiles.

Shame he grew up in Belgium' date=' he needs some exitement in his life. The TDF will be a poorer place without him. What now? a second test to confirm the non negative?

[/quote']

Probably.  A shame though, he made life colorful.  But as linnega said, he'll most probably ride a 'dale soon!

I posted this train of thought on another thread about doping, and will repeat it here. The Willie Voit group, the Pirate, and many others have shown that those who dope for performance enhancement are often recreational users as well, that drugs are an ingrained part of all aspects of daily life and as much as anything this is why doping in sport is a problem that will only grow in stature. Big Tim, the French house wives favorite, countless other cyclists and track athletes, including Tim Montgomery (for 100m world record holder) on charges of possession with intent to supply Heroin....

Doesn't take the brains of a rocket scientist to see why international law enforcement is getting very interested in these cases now does it. Supply and distribution is the same whatever the drug, if the intended use is not licensed. The law doesn't see a difference between what sporting lunatics see as performance enhancing and the weekend cheese quavers (ravers) see as performance enhancing, and it's increasingly apparent that the dealers and suppliers of both are close to being one and the same group of people...

Sporting stars as Icons that your children look up to and aspire to become..... not in this day and age. More like a cautionary tail

Ai Tommy.....Tommy, die tannie mind nie as jy so af en toe 'n bietjie FUN wil h? nie Hug

but pleazzzzzzzzz my boy don't get caught Cry not so close to the TdF

PPWTF, must agree.  Read Willie Voet's book and you'll see that your "assumption" is quite correct.

Doc' date=' it's a generic test.  We had it at a company where I had to get a vehicle license.  They test for just about everything, using 3 or 4 different tube-thingies.  I know ours was in 3 tubes and it tested for all known "banned" substances when driving.  This included weed, cocaine, booze, E, etc etc.

[/quote']

i wonder what such a generic test will show up if they start doing it in and around the offices here in sandton...