Bicycle motor conversion kits

Mojoman

Has anyone used one of these kits to convert an old bike? I am looking at getting one to commute back and forth to work.  I can use the railway line and dirt roads to get to work so no need to go on roads. 

All the ones I have looked at though seem to be for a V brake style bike?

If you have done these conversion please let me know how it went for you (installation and running) and where you bought the kit from. I have an old GT Avalanche that I was thinking of converting....apparently some of these motors give you 20km per litre...?

Has anyone used one of these kits to convert an old bike? I am looking at getting one to commute back and forth to work.  I can use the railway line and dirt roads to get to work so no need to go on roads. 

All the ones I have looked at though seem to be for a V brake style bike?

If you have done these conversion please let me know how it went for you (installation and running) and where you bought the kit from. I have an old GT Avalanche that I was thinking of converting....apparently some of these motors give you 20km per litre...?

You can only convert V-Brake bikes because the sprocket sits on the left side of the wheel.

This guy in the classifieds did a conversion, maybe talk to him?

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/311964-custom-built-scott/

:offtopic:

interesting that putting an internal combustion engine onto a bike frame makes it illegal ... it now becomes a 50cc (okay 125cc) motorcycle and needs to be road worthied etc etc ...

Yet a more powerful electric motorised bicycle is not regulated .....

interesting that putting an internal combustion engine onto a bike frame makes it illegal ... it now becomes a 50cc (okay 125cc) motorcycle and needs to be road worthied etc etc ...

Yet a more powerful electric motorised bicycle is not regulated .....

That must be some electric motor that's more powerful than a 50cc... some references maybe?

That must be some electric motor that's more powerful than a 50cc... some references maybe?

Had a look at some kits a while back but they are just to expensive for me to justify, might as well just get a motorbike then....which is a bad idea for me as I will then end up on the road and then end up driving into a truck again and breaking my leg again! :devil: 

The MOPEDI 66cc kit comes complete with everything you need to covert your normal open frame bike into an awesome power bike. You can still pedal normally, travel under engine power alone or power and pedal at the same time. Only 2 litres per 100 kilometers.

2299 on special at http://www.ecotrax.biz/products.php 

okaayyyyyy, dont confuse me with facts ....  :whistling:   :wacko:  

Point I was trying to make .... a motorised bike must be registered, rider must have a motorcycle license, etc etc ....

While you can hop onto a 25km/h ebike with none of these issues ....