Morning rides in George

lone one

• 3 months later...

Hi i am relocating to George next week(29 October 2018) and was also wondering about group rides in the area.

Let me know if you have found anything or would like to start some group rides.

There is a road group ride Tuesdays and Thursdays leaving from Caltex at the top of York street at 5am.

Does anyone continue riding in the holidays 26 Dec - 11 Jan. Stay in Wilderness and end up just mtb around like a plonker.

Tuesday and Thursday at 5 in the mornings 

Road Ride

+- 50km

Caltex Garage top of York Street

Monday Wednesday and Friday 5 in the mornings

Mtb

+- 30km

Engen Garage across from Virgin Active

Monday evenings = Montaqu Madness

MTB

Diffrent groups 5:15, 5:30, 5:45

Up Montaqu Pass and back

+-30km

During December and January the bunch ride on Tuesday and Thursday road some people will ride longer 70 to 120km depending...

Weekends there are longer rides leaving either from Caltex top of York Street or Virgin Active.

Hi i am relocating to George next week(29 October 2018) and was also wondering about group rides in the area.

Let me know if you have found anything or would like to start some group rides.

I’m moving to George next year. I’d be keen on morning rides!

You lucky fish! I would seriously consider relocating to George if the opportunity presents itself.

You lucky fish! I would seriously consider relocating to George if the opportunity presents itself.

You have no idea how stoked I am!

Got placed there for internship - dream come true.

Only 7 spots available and over 240 applicants... Who said I never won lucky draws  :P

• 2 months later...

Tuesday and Thursday at 5 in the mornings 

Road Ride

+- 50km

Caltex Garage top of York Street

Monday Wednesday and Friday 5 in the mornings

Mtb

+- 30km

Engen Garage across from Virgin Active

Monday evenings = Montaqu Madness

MTB

Diffrent groups 5:15, 5:30, 5:45

Up Montaqu Pass and back

+-30km

During December and January the bunch ride on Tuesday and Thursday road some people will ride longer 70 to 120km depending...

Weekends there are longer rides leaving either from Caltex top of York Street or Virgin Active.

You guys really manage the ±50km road ride and make it in time for work at 8 after showering and eating?!

You guys really manage the ±50km road ride and make it in time for work at 8 after showering and eating?!

You really start at 8am......in George!

Just kidding.......I moved down from Josie a little over two years ago, enjoying it, very rustig!

Much into the hiking and paddling too.

Welcome to the area!

Edited by Spokey

• 3 weeks later...

There is a road group ride Tuesdays and Thursdays leaving from Caltex at the top of York street at 5am.

Does this activity happen every week?

i am moving to gorge next month and i really want to join such activities. Let me know if you know more of such stuff.

Does this activity happen every week?

i am moving to gorge next month and i really want to join such activities. Let me know if you know more of such stuff.

Yes it's a weekly thing and also throughout the year. I do not stay in George anymore but some of my friends still do it every week. Start is 5am but once you know the route it's easy to join along the way.