Cannondale si2 or Epic carbon comp

Williepotch

Need to make up my mind on one of theae two bikes today! Both same price, but Epic is new and Si2 is a couple of months old.

Need to make up my mind on one of theae two bikes today! Both same price, but Epic is new and Si2 is a couple of months old.

That's a nice problem to have  :whistling:  :w00t:

Ek het 'n Cannondale si3(2018) 7 maande oud, dink nie ek sal weer Cannondale koop nie. 

Gaan my Cannondale verkoop en terug na Giant Anthem. 

My Oldman and Brother both have Si2 2018, they are THE most expensive bikes they have ever owned in terms of maintenance. Freewheel body's 2 or 3 each. You look at the bearings funny and the seize up. My boet on his 3rd lock out. 

Look at the new Canyon, IMO.  

I had both, the suspension on my Cannondale is a lot smoother than the brain suspension. I doubt that I will ever ride a Spez again.

I had both, the suspension on my Cannondale is a lot smoother than the brain suspension. I doubt that I will ever ride a Spez again.

I also was advised by someone that the Spez Suspension was too firm and gave a hard ride.

My Oldman and Brother both have Si2 2018, they are THE most expensive bikes they have ever owned in terms of maintenance. Freewheel body's 2 or 3 each. You look at the bearings funny and the seize up. My boet on his 3rd lock out. 

Look at the new Canyon, IMO.  

This is the reason why the SI3 is a good option! replacing parts, especially drive train, is cheaper.

I doubt that I will enjoy riding anything else as much as the Specialized brain suspension...

I also was advised by someone that the Spez Suspension was too firm and gave a hard ride.

This is the reason why the SI3 is a good option! replacing parts, especially drive train, is cheaper.

Sounds like user error- was this "someone's" brain suspension not set on firm? My rear suspension brain gets tweaked depending on where and what I ride- if its road sections or smooth single track its firm, but if its rocky, rooty, downhills or technical, its set to soft.

I can only imagine that being the case where the brain is not adjustable, which I'm unfamiliar with regarding the epic comp carbon.

Scalpel all the way.

Problems with bearings on the freewheel body as mentioned above......sorted with R100 bearing replacement (and stay away from Enduro bearings.  They suck big time.  Get proper Japan bearings.  And this goes for ANY bike!)

Remote lockout wrt to Rockshock.  They all suck, doesn't matter what bike it is on.  I replaced mine with another make as soon as I got the chance.  

Archived