Football

IceCreamMan

Crap FA cup final.

Unless you a citeh fan.

But even then it was as of watford never showed up

Outplayed and outclassed.

I quite liked the clip of Pep still giving Sterling a breakdown of some plays even after the medals etc. were handed out[emoji1787][emoji1787]

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like them or not, City have had a pretty good domestic season. 3-in-a-row is the best any team has managed. If City continues there current form into next season... who knows. What are the other teams going to do?

Top season performances:

2019, City - domestic treble

2001, Liverpool - Cup treble (League Cup, FA Cup, UEFA Cup)

1999, Man U - Continental treble

Barca are the only team to have won the Continental Treble twice. Celtic, Ajax, PSV, Inter and Bayern the others.

2004, Arsenal - the invincibles. Preston North End also went unbeaten in 1889. Milan, Juve, Celtic and PAOK (Greece) being the others.

Zidane...seemed quite irritated during the press conference lol.. of course written articles can be deceiving but how's this quote.

“I will be clear about who will play when the next season starts. It’s my decision. Who do you think is in charge of this team? It’s clear as water: I’m the coach, I will always do what I want and if I can’t then I’ll quit. That’s clear."

Like them or not, City have had a pretty good domestic season. 3-in-a-row is the best any team has managed. If City continues there current form into next season... who knows. What are the other teams going to do?

Top season performances:

Barca are the only team to have won the Continental Treble twice. Celtic, Ajax, PSV, Inter and Bayern the others.

2004, Arsenal - the invincibles. Preston North End also went unbeaten in 1889. Milan, Juve, Celtic and PAOK (Greece) being the others.

Pep has changed football, he took his philosophy and made it work in 3 leagues. Of course not possible without the right players.. but the guy deserves respect for that brain of his

Pep has always chosen moneyed clubs. His brilliance is in choosing the clubs carefully.

Of course without the money you can't buy the players to execute your game plan.

Today in Turin they will celebrate many things..

Love that the club will be bringing the ladies on to celebrate their fantastic season..

Celebrate the scudetto and super cup.

Say thanks to Allegri for 5 wonderful years.

Celebrate Barzagli's service to the club as he retires.

And Ramsey will be present to witness this.. welcome to the family Rambo (he is in Turin for today's festivities.)

Oh wow

Vincent Kompany to join Anderlecht as player-manager.

Damn, when last did we see a player-manager... Vialli at Chelsea?

Oh wow

Vincent Kompany to join Anderlecht as player-manager.

Damn, when last did we see a player-manager... Vialli at Chelsea?

Anderlecht is my home club when I was growing up. Got the strips and wear them from time to time.

Went to games as a kid with dad and uncle. Fond memories.

So many tears.. I sent most of the game crying..from the applause for Allegri mid game.. to Barzagli's final moments when he was subbed off... hell I even cried when I saw a banner for De Rossi and even the Juve fans applauding Atalanta on their great campaign.

During half time the ladies were presented with their cup.. lovely full house for them.

Beautiful moments after the game for trophy celebrations and then at the end the ladies back on the field with the men for their laps of honour .

It ended 1-1 with Atalanta getting a valuable point, just sad to see the away fan section so empty, they deserved to have more of travelling fans there. Going down to the wire for the final european places, last game next week. What an emotional season it has been.

Lovely to have Buffon in the stadium even Llorente came to town town.

I love my club.

https://twitter.com/juventusfc/status/1130207196925583360?s=09

https://twitter.com/AroundTurin/status/1130181846401191938?s=09

Edited by Gen

Top season performances:

Depends what you class as a treble - for instance in 1984 Liverpool won the league, league cup and the European cup.

Out of all the trebles listed my opinion is that the city one is bottom of the list. Top are the 1999 Man U one (and I hate admitting that) and the Liverpool 1984 version. City haven't come close to that level of achievement.

And for all the cry-arsing about how good City are if Liverpool win their next game they will have as many European cups as city have league championships.

And if Spurs win they will have achieved something that city, for all their money and probable cheating, have never managed.

City still have the same amount of league championships as Sunderland. And European cups come to think of it...

Wait what?!!!

Anyone wanting to move to one of the big (wealthy) clubs will have to wait and see what happens with this youngster after this little hint... it may not be much of a hint but enough to have a few presidents sit upright

One thing is for sure he won't be cheap.. add on 50m to Neymar's price tag to get an idea.... would probably go for close to $300m.. you buy the player and the brand and the next 10years..

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1130392418254282752?s=09

The only player I want from PSG is Verratti.. I don't ask much...cause no ways in hell we will get involved in a bidding war for Mbappe..plus we can't afford the 300m or the salary.. but is looks like Cavani will leave so Mbappe will then be the first choice CF and not play on the wing, he sure will get people talking.

Silly season silly season.

Edited by Gen

Wait what?!!!

Anyone wanting to move to one of the big (wealthy) clubs will have to wait and see what happens with this youngster after this little hint... it may not be much of a hint but enough to have a few presidents sit upright

One thing is for sure he won't be cheap.. add on 50m to Neymar's price tag to get an idea.... would probably go for close to $300m.. you buy the player and the brand and the next 10years..

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1130392418254282752?s=09

The only player I want from PSG is Verratti.. I don't ask much...cause no ways in hell we will get involved in a bidding war for Mbappe..plus we can't afford the 300m or the salary.. but is looks like Cavani will leave so Mbappe will then be the first choice CF and not play on the wing, he sure will get people talking.

Silly season silly season.

Gen please send screenshots of social media posts as some of us are either blocked or don't subscribe so miss half the story, thank you. 

Gen please send screenshots of social media posts as some of us are either blocked or don't subscribe so miss half the story, thank you.

After he received the award for player of the season.

The tweet I posted was a video clip.

8c18aa6eebae6e9321b0c060b25b91aa.jpg

Edited by Gen

Fresh news from Torino................Zidane at Juve highly possible !

Edited by coppi

Fresh news from Torino................Zidane at Juve highly possible !

Mmm that started doing the rounds after his press conference when he basically said if he doesn't get what he wants he will leave, was it not just perhaps him sending a message to Perez that he won't be messed with again. If Perez doesn't want a fan revolt he will just give Zidane what he wants....don't see Zidane leaving he has already had his one on one meeting with the players..and he wouldn't have more control over transfers at Juve.. he would have less..

Not sure if any of you watched their game yesterday. Damn last game of the season and in Madrid too.. the only player who got applause was Navas (as he is leaving) the rest of the team tried to do a lap of honour but were boed off the field, Bale just walked off the pitch the moment the final whistle blew he was never used in the game and Zidane said afterwards even if he had the option of a 4th sub he wouldn't have used him.. that's savage of true

All is def not well over in Madrid world.

Edited by Gen