Football

IceCreamMan

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where were the days when Southampton fired a coach for finishing 8th in the league?

That was a bad move... Got a lil bit ahead of our station methinks after the optimism of Koeman who essentially built a team on Pochs foundation. Optimism abounded and with Leicester doing the impossible suddenly everyone thought 8th and a league cup final was not good "enough".

However the detractors will say puel was only a handful of points above relegation albeit finishing 8th....

I think firing puel was a mistake, but he did have a dire brand of football and the fans were not happy....

think reed was on a tight rope here, have to please the board, have to please the fans, have to please players etc etc ...and the fans voice became the loudest...the silent partners became a lil unsilent.... we wait n see. but hopefully they prepared to bring some money now...

8 points after 11 games would of had you stone last last year iirc, even behind palace who lost the first 7 in a row ...(if I remember correctly here)

its a bit of shambles really... if the idea is to get shot of hughes as well, they should of done it today as well...

That was a bad move... Got a lil bit ahead of our station methinks after the optimism of Koeman who essentially built a team on Pochs foundation. Optimism abounded and with Leicester doing the impossible suddenly everyone thought 8th and a league cup final was not good "enough".

However the detractors will say puel was only a handful of points above relegation albeit finishing 8th....

I think firing puel was a mistake, but he did have a dire brand of football and the fans were not happy....

think reed was on a tight rope here, have to please the board, have to please the fans, have to please players etc etc ...and the fans voice became the loudest...the silent partners became a lil unsilent.... we wait n see. but hopefully they prepared to bring some money now...

8 points after 11 games would of had you stone last last year iirc, even behind palace who lost the first 7 in a row ...(if I remember correctly here)

its a bit of shambles really... if the idea is to get shot of hughes as well, they should of done it today as well...

That's the thing with the EPL, beyond the top 6 every team are 2 or 3 f$%^ ups away from the relegation zone. Just look how Burnley went from Europa League to fighting relegation in a matter of weeks.

Can kind of understand why they sacked Puel, problem is clearly none of the coaches since were an upgrade. 

Edited by Skubarra

[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Ag ffs man..

Shocking just shocking

Again.. kill games off when you have the chance..so wasteful

Aye aye aye.

Now that I have calmed down..

It was a good game..United much improved from recent games i have seen and especially from the last game against us.

Besides the 2 brainfarts at the end, Juve played well..Allegri will have to think about his tactics at the end...but they really have to score when they have chances..I keep on saying this after every game..could've easily had been more goals, it was only a matter of time before they paid the price..and last night they did so they need to sort that out ASAP...fortunately it happened now and not later in the season.

I would've given Mou praise for his tactics had it not been for his lack of respect after the game.. disgraceful.

Lucky win but we'll take it. I just had a feeling Juve would lose focus because of how easy it was for them at Old Trafford.

Nasty collision between 2 Milan players..never nice seeing a player lose consciousness ..hope Musacchio will be okay..that was a few scary moments.

You know I really like Kessié reminds me so much of Essien...similar type of player very promising youngster..

Ouch..Welbeck injury is not pleasant..feet aren't supposed to point in that direction

yip, I still vividly remember watching the game where Michael owens leg started doing in directions and felt quesy, I still remember that quesy feeling I had at the time...funny how the mind works

Milan vs Juve today.. hubby vs me..

Never easy playing away at the San Siro..and the Milan Curva Sud ultras have been working on a 60mx100m banner for today..it will be something to see.

Edited by Gen