Football

IceCreamMan

I wonder of Jurgen Klopp expects the REPLAY to be stopped in the 26th minute so that the referee can deliver  a red card to Curtis Jones even if he is nowhere near the ball.... 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool are delusional if they believe that the Premier League will grant them a REPLAY after PGMOL have called the incident in Saturday's match "a serious human error"!

Especially since he states that "something like this has never happened before"

It cannot be substantiated that it was a "defining moment that changed the game." His charges went on to give up 2 red cards in the same match! Does he honestly think anybody will believe those 2 red would not have happened if they were awarded the goal?? He is delusional...

But let's wait and see...

Had the goal been given it could/would have changed the game. The result would conceivably not have been a draw but a Liverpool win. 

of course we will never know, abstract theoretical at best. 

but its an interesting thought 

21 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Don’t think toons will be going to work today. What a result. 

They played PSG out he park. I agree, the ale is probably still flowing lil

11 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Had the goal been given it could/would have changed the game. The result would conceivably not have been a draw but a Liverpool win. 

of course we will never know, abstract theoretical at best. 

but its an interesting thought 

I don't even think for a minute that we should be entertaining what could/would have happened....

Otherwise we start to consider the possibility that Liverpool could/would have had a 3rd player sent off... not inconceivable at all - it's TOTTENHAM v LIVERPOOL  after all

Liverpool lost the match. The End.

Just now, RoddieJ said:

I don't even think for a minute that we should be entertaining what could/would have happened....

Otherwise we start to consider the possibility that Liverpool could/would have had a 3rd player sent off... not inconceivable at all - it's TOTTENHAM v LIVERPOOL  after all

Liverpool lost the match. The End.

And Massa was not world champion in 2008. 

I agree, it’s done. But I bet the Liverpool legal guys are looking at this seriously. 

50 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

I agree, it’s done. But I bet the Liverpool legal guys are looking at this seriously. 

Not a single professional sporting event has ever been replayd due to an incorrect decision by match officials,  so they have their work cut out for them.

Last year Jota kicked Skippy in the head and didn't get a red card. He went on and scored their winning goal. 2 days later the indiscretion was forgotten. Reason: Its pointless arguing!

Liverpool need to build a bridge...

Of course VAR rules need to be improved! We've all agreed, but Premier League made the decision to implement VAR without Semi-automared offside. All because they thought they are 'The Best League In The World'. Well, so much for that. I wonder if Liverpool may have been one of those clubs who voted against... 

Semi-automated offside has proven successful in its implementation in UCL - ask ManU

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

It's nice to know that we have the 3 points and they are crying! 🤣

6 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

Not a single professional sporting event has ever been replayd due to an incorrect decision by match officials,  so they have their work cut out for them.

Last year Jota kicked Skippy in the head and didn't get a red card. He went on and scored their winning goal. 2 days later the indiscretion was forgotten. Reason: Its pointless arguing!

Liverpool need to build a bridge...

Of course VAR rules need to be improved! We've all agreed, but Premier League made the decision to implement VAR without Semi-automared offside. All because they thought they are 'The Best League In The World'. Well, so much for that. I wonder if Liverpool may have been one of those clubs who voted against... 

Semi-automated offside has proven successful in its implementation in UCL - ask ManU

You sound like a Liverpool hater.

Klopp is not demanding anything. He’s merely saying the only solution to fixing the problem is a replay. And in that sense, I agree with him. There is nothing else that can be done to rectify that error, only a replay. He also doesn’t expect a replay. 

People keep saying Liverpool should move on and accept this. Every club should actually be backing Liverpool on this. The only way to get the refs to improve is to actually do something about it. If the refs walk away Scot free again, the same thing happens again next week. This is the first time a club has actually decided to challenge them. These refs are grossly incompetent and need to be held accountable. This same VAR has now been banned from all Liverpool matches. What kind of a message does that say to Liverpool and to the rest of the clubs? That’s almost like they are admitting to a bias against Liverpool. It’s a really poor decision.

I personally don’t think Liverpool will do anything about it as it stands. But what I can say is if Liverpool lose the title by 2 points or miss out on a champions league spot then I wouldn’t be surprised if they go after the PGMOL. A similar thing happened to Arsenal last year, the difference is that Arsenal ended up miles away from the title so it made no sense to pursue it further. If Arsenal had lost the title by a point, then I’m almost certain we would not have heard the last of that. I expect a similar thing to happen this year. If Liverpool’s title challenge disintegrates as the season goes on, everyone will forget and move on. But if it doesn’t, they will take this to court.

Also wrt Semi-automated offsides, you realised that it wouldn’t have made a difference here? The problem wasn’t the offside call. They actually got it correct. It was the poor communication as they weren’t fully focused on the game at hand. The same outcome would’ve happened if it was semi automated as he was onside. 

31 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

You sound like a Liverpool hater.

Klopp is not demanding anything. He’s merely saying the only solution to fixing the problem is a replay. And in that sense, I agree with him. There is nothing else that can be done to rectify that error, only a replay. He also doesn’t expect a replay. 

People keep saying Liverpool should move on and accept this. Every club should actually be backing Liverpool on this. The only way to get the refs to improve is to actually do something about it. If the refs walk away Scot free again, the same thing happens again next week. This is the first time a club has actually decided to challenge them. These refs are grossly incompetent and need to be held accountable. This same VAR has now been banned from all Liverpool matches. What kind of a message does that say to Liverpool and to the rest of the clubs? That’s almost like they are admitting to a bias against Liverpool. It’s a really poor decision.

I personally don’t think Liverpool will do anything about it as it stands. But what I can say is if Liverpool lose the title by 2 points or miss out on a champions league spot then I wouldn’t be surprised if they go after the PGMOL. A similar thing happened to Arsenal last year, the difference is that Arsenal ended up miles away from the title so it made no sense to pursue it further. If Arsenal had lost the title by a point, then I’m almost certain we would not have heard the last of that. I expect a similar thing to happen this year. If Liverpool’s title challenge disintegrates as the season goes on, everyone will forget and move on. But if it doesn’t, they will take this to court.

Also wrt Semi-automated offsides, you realised that it wouldn’t have made a difference here? The problem wasn’t the offside call. They actually got it correct. It was the poor communication as they weren’t fully focused on the game at hand. The same outcome would’ve happened if it was semi automated as he was onside. 

Firstly, welcome to the discussion.

Let's begin by me calling you response very subjective, which is clear.

I've never hated on Liverpool. In fact my Dad was a Liverpool supporter and many of my family and friends still are. It's true though, that I dislike Jurgen Klopp! He is a MOANER!

Last year Klopp said the Ryan Mason should moan, because he has bigger things to worry about.... Hahaaaaaa

Go back to the Wolves game in January of this year, when the same Jurgen Klopp and his team won the FA Cup 3rd round first leg at Anfield, by a Wolves goal which was clearly ruled offside when it shouldn't have. Jurgen Klopp admitted the goal should have been allowed, but didn't 'ask' for a replay then - why is that? Surely he had the same opportunity back then...

Secondly, Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp are not doing the sport a favour by calling out anybody. They are doing  what they are doing for their own inexcusable needs. They do not speak for the good of the game - they want to re-write the rules when it suits them!

On the point of 'losing the title by 2 points...' Let me take you back to last year's match Liv v Tot in which Jota didnt get the red card, which lost Spurs 2 points... It turned out to have been a very valuable 2 points at the end of the season when Spurs fell a point short of a European Qualifying position. Did you lot stand up and shout 'injustice' from the rooftops?? Yeah right... of course you didn't. So now we are expected to believe that Liverpool wants to 'fix' football... Hhhhhmmmm

And if Jurgen Klopp's 'asking for a replay' is your way of asking that his approach is non-aggressive, then so be it - I choose to disagree. Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool fans have shown themselves to be Cry-Babies! Let's see how the court case goes... 

For now, we have the 3 points - good luck getting them off us.

42 minutes ago, RoddieJ said:

Firstly, welcome to the discussion.

Let's begin by me calling you response very subjective, which is clear.

I've never hated on Liverpool. In fact my Dad was a Liverpool supporter and many of my family and friends still are. It's true though, that I dislike Jurgen Klopp! He is a MOANER!

Last year Klopp said the Ryan Mason should moan, because he has bigger things to worry about.... Hahaaaaaa

Go back to the Wolves game in January of this year, when the same Jurgen Klopp and his team won the FA Cup 3rd round first leg at Anfield, by a Wolves goal which was clearly ruled offside when it shouldn't have. Jurgen Klopp admitted the goal should have been allowed, but didn't 'ask' for a replay then - why is that? Surely he had the same opportunity back then...

Secondly, Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp are not doing the sport a favour by calling out anybody. They are doing  what they are doing for their own inexcusable needs. They do not speak for the good of the game - they want to re-write the rules when it suits them!

On the point of 'losing the title by 2 points...' Let me take you back to last year's match Liv v Tot in which Jota didnt get the red card, which lost Spurs 2 points... It turned out to have been a very valuable 2 points at the end of the season when Spurs fell a point short of a European Qualifying position. Did you lot stand up and shout 'injustice' from the rooftops?? Yeah right... of course you didn't. So now we are expected to believe that Liverpool wants to 'fix' football... Hhhhhmmmm

And if Jurgen Klopp's 'asking for a replay' is your way of asking that his approach is non-aggressive, then so be it - I choose to disagree. Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool fans have shown themselves to be Cry-Babies! Let's see how the court case goes... 

For now, we have the 3 points - good luck getting them off us.

Why are you referring to me as you lot? I am neutral in this discussion. 

You started off your response very maturely. You ended it off like a child. Not even sure it warrants a response but I’ll give you one anyway. 

You are bringing up loads of previous incidents. I’m not sure what any of them have to do with Liverpool taking this further. If Wolves had a legitimate goal disallowed but chose to not take it further, what has that got to do with Liverpool? Why should Liverpool scream injustice on behalf of Spurs fans? You are being a bit ridiculous mate. Spurs fans are well within there right to scream injustice themselves and Spurs as a club are also well within their right to complain and take it further. Instead Spurs did nothing. That’s not Liverpools problems. 

Every fan of every club screamed outrage after that decision. Now that Liverpool decided to take it further those same fans are crying and saying they should just accept it😂

Enjoy your three points. I do feel sorry for spurs a bit as they clearly did nothing wrong. However the result is null and void in my eyes. It’s not gonna make much difference to spurs season as I don’t really see you challenging for the title. But for Liverpool, it could be catastrophic. Let’s see how the season plays out.

Edited by Bub Marley

Sorry for assuming you to be a Liverpool supporter.

It seems to me you are very bullish on Liverpool’s title hopes this season - good on you. Let's see...

The reason I bring these other indiscretions into the conversation is to add perspective. Errors by officials in professional sport has been and will control be part of the sporting contests. Ask Lewis Hamilton and Phillipe Massa... Not to mention Liverpool themselves.

For football fans calling match officials 'incompetent' in the light of 1 mistake is just inexcusable. It's not fair. Even Jurgen Klopp didn't go that far.

8 minutes ago, RoddieJ said:

Sorry for assuming you to be a Liverpool supporter.

It seems to me you are very bullish on Liverpool’s title hopes this season - good on you. Let's see...

The reason I bring these other indiscretions into the conversation is to add perspective. Errors by officials in professional sport has been and will control be part of the sporting contests. Ask Lewis Hamilton and Phillipe Massa... Not to mention Liverpool themselves.

For football fans calling match officials 'incompetent' in the light of 1 mistake is just inexcusable. It's not fair. Even Jurgen Klopp didn't go that far.

I get all that and I understand that these things happen to all clubs. However you have to admit that this particular incident is a bit different. Here the officials actually got the decision right. I mean you can hear it in the audio. The communication was just terrible and the arrogance of the refs to not fix the mistake is the problem for me. Common sense needed to be applied here and the game should’ve been stopped. They realised the mistake like 3 secs later. I’m still in disbelief how they opted not to stop the game. This is where stuff like match fixing comes into the discussion. And again this has nothing to do with spurs as they are completely innocent here but the fact that the same official is now banned from all Liverpool games. I mean what the hell man? This just makes the integrity of the game even more compromised. 

So I understand your frustration but I honestly feel that Liverpool actually doing something is good int the sense that maybe just maybe these officials will be better next time. 

As for title challengers. Yes, I do think Liverpool will be the only challengers to City because they are the only ones who have done it before. Arsenal might challenge but I still think they lack the mentality when things get tough. We’ll see if they are better this season. I think Spurs are nailed on to get 4th. Ange is doing great things but still way too early for me. We need to see how you react to adversity and pressure. So far so good though and I hope you do well. The league needs more challengers. But yeah, Liverpool have shown in the past they can stick with City and push them so that’s why I would have them as closest challengers. I still think City will probably win it again though.