Football

IceCreamMan

It's the golden question... I don't actually think Levy has a choice though if he want's to keep this project going. If we don't sign some players and show some proper ambition in the market, we will lose our big players... and Poch might well also say he has taken us as far as we can - that I think would be the biggest loss.

We've obviously got a little stadium bill to sort out too... 1billion is a large ugly number, but I think probably half of that is already paid off and we're sitting with a facility of some sorts for the other half. We did make a 'profit' of 140million this last calendar year, so if we can keep those sort of earnings coming in, we could hopefully be burden free within the next decade. We do of course have plenty potential for increasing revenues with the new stadium, but the Spurs project still needs to be viable and we need to keep improving on the field.

Player wise I think Eriksen is quite likely on his way out... figures of 140mil being bandied about and not much sign of him signing a fresh deal. He's a replaceable though I reckon, and for that figure, if his hearts not in it, I can live with him going. Liverpool found life after Coutinho, we will to. I am sure playing in our front line is quite an attractive option for players. Toby is the other worry too... we will need another CB soon.

Give Poch that Eriksen money and say 60million more and we've got the potential to sign 4/5 hopefully really good players to strengthen the squad. Hopefully we don't lose too many others either...

We need a better RB, another CB, two CM's and then possibly an Eriksen replacement.

Going to be an interesting few years ahead - hopefully very good ones

For sure depth is key for any team.. you need a squad of high quality players

Think most fans understand the long term protect... it takes time.. oh how I know that.. should be smart signings.. players out of contract..if you don't need to pay transfer fees they can offer bigger salaries..and always some players that run out their contracts...Juve have made some great signings like that.

The way the market is atm.. a good player doesn't come for less than 90m.. and I am not saying great ..great players 120m upwards... that is crazy..so in your opinion who would you like to see come in and fill the positions you mentioned.. ?

There must be some players that are coming up from your youth system too..surely?

Edited by Gen

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Off topic a bit but will Spurs have a little bit of budget to make some signings, there will be extra cash generated from TV rights by reaching the 1/4 and even more of they go further?

And do you think Poch will stay if they can't make signings?

In my opinion... Yes to both questions...

Kane might be out for rest of season is the talk here. We wait n see. Sad really as they need all hands on deck.

As to Poch, he has limited options. I think he will stay. However, he is always welcome in the that sleepy lil town in the south of England.... although Ralph doing a fine job 

For sure depth is key for any team.. you need a squad of high quality players

Think most fans understand the long term protect... it takes time.. oh how I know that.. should be smart signings.. players out of contract..if you don't need to pay transfer fees they can offer bigger salaries..and always some players that run out their contracts...Juve have made some great signings like that.

The way the market is atm.. a good player doesn't come for less than 90m.. and I am not saying great ..great players 120m upwards... that is crazy..so in your opinion who would you like to see come in and fill the positions you mentioned.. ?

There must be some players that are coming up from your youth system too..surely?

We very seldom buy the finished article... generally promising young talents that Poch can turn into top players. Frenkie de Jong says he almost joined us last year, but wanted a year more at Ajax... and now Barca have him - we'll not likely pay 65 million for a player anytime soon. Same story with De Ligt... out of our price range now.

Players like Declan Rice, Sessegnon, Maddison, Tielemans... they generally fit the bill. Although also largely carrying heavy price tags now.

I'm sure we've had another good look through the Ajax team as well for prospects

Poch generally knows though what he can work with - hopefully some more gems to be unearthed soon

Kane might be out for rest of season is the talk here. We wait n see. Sad really as they need all hands on deck.

As to Poch, he has limited options. I think he will stay. However, he is always welcome in the that sleepy lil town in the south of England.... although Ralph doing a fine job 

I don't think Poch has limited options... I do though think there aren't too many better options for him to be in the world right now. 

I do like Ralph... might well be our back up plan  :whistling:

I never knew that ch 212/ ss12 ran split screen. Watching both games :clap:

That messes with my mind hey.

Ex saints player scores for Barca..... damn last night Mane and VVD played like legends, today an ex saints player scores for Barca...what might have been hey 

I don't think Poch has limited options... I do though think there aren't too many better options for him to be in the world right now. 

I do like Ralph... might well be our back up plan  :whistling:

AHA, yes that's what I meant. At this stage he does not have any better options. Where does he go, none of the clubs above spurs are going to release managers anytime soon and the crème clubs below spurs have only recently appointed managers...going to Chelsea could be an option, money talks I spose. 

in Europe, the crème clubs aint going to be advertising vacancies but one never knows. 

I reckon Poch wanted united. 

1-1 in Amsterdam.

Really hard not to like this Ajax team...game pretty much went the way I expected.... really good to have Costa back...now lets get him fit enough to be able to start[emoji91]

Rugani stepped up well in the place of Chiellini ..Cancelo just made that silly mistake that led to the goal..offers a lot going forward just has those few lapses in concentration in defence at times.

I really hope Matuidi isn't badly injured..he puts in those hard yards on the field that is incredibly important.

Edited by Gen

No 8 will have to wait till next week..it's cool happy for Spal .. and even happier that Allegri gave so many youngsters game time..it makes me happy to see that there is belief in them[emoji173]..3 babies and Kean (who is still a teen himsefl) played.. that is awesome.

Gozzi aged 17 got his start.. how awesome is that..

Yeah so we paid for inexperience.. but the boys have to get that experience at some time.. why not start today

Edited by Gen

Great win yesterday and now I can relax I reckon. Last game is against Huddersfield so that puts us 11 points ahead of Cardiff. That’s enough.

Last year we relegated Swansea, this year Cardiff. No love for the welsh

How did Chelsea fail to finish on so many opportunities is beyond me.

How did crystal palace get stuck in their own half for most of the game is also beyond me.

Both these games reminded me of under 18 soccer. One team was way stronger than the other, dominating the other team, but then this is the premier league. Those two teams play way better than they did yesterday.