Imana Wild Ride

howmuch

Afternoon hubbers,

I am about a week away from my first Imana Wild Ride (super excited) - any suggestions / pointers for a first timer would be appreciated.

Never done it, but from what I've seen on TV...

Don't take your best bike.

Ideally don't take your own bike!  :whistling:

Enjoy it, very much fomo. I've done it a few time and ridden up the wild coast on my own often. Make sure that you clean your bike properly every day, and afterwards take it to your LBS to be properly stripped and cleaned. Even take the tyres off and flush the rims out. I did the ride in 2010 and 2011, and my bike frames that I rode with are still going strong with no corrosion, despite what everyone on the forum will tell you, just make sure that you flush the salt water off, and don't ride in the salt water, carry your bike. A few time I had to pull my bike through the deeper rivers, but no harm was done.

Please don't give the kids sweets.

Enjoy the view, and feel privileged that you have been given the opportunity to cycle through this absolutely beautiful and unspoiled part of ZA.

Take lots of pics and beware the mothers, they eat the unwary.

A little story to illustrate the treat that you are in for https://amatolianmountaindog.wordpress.com/

Enjoy it, very much fomo. I've done it a few time and ridden up the wild coast on my own often. Make sure that you clean your bike properly every day, and afterwards take it to your LBS to be properly stripped and cleaned. Even take the tyres off and flush the rims out. I did the ride in 2010 and 2011, and my bike frames that I rode with are still going strong with no corrosion, despite what everyone on the forum will tell you, just make sure that you flush the salt water off, and don't ride in the salt water, carry your bike. A few time I had to pull my bike through the deeper rivers, but no harm was done.

Please don't give the kids sweets.

Enjoy the view, and feel privileged that you have been given the opportunity to cycle through this absolutely beautiful and unspoiled part of ZA.

Take lots of pics and beware the mothers, they eat the unwary.

A little story to illustrate the treat that you are in for https://amatolianmountaindog.wordpress.com/

Thanks - looks to be a proper adventure :thumbup:

Afternoon hubbers,

I am about a week away from my first Imana Wild Ride (super excited) - any suggestions / pointers for a first timer would be appreciated.

Don't do it... sell your entry  

To me !!! :whistling:  :whistling: 

Seriously though enjoy the ride

Thanks - looks to be a proper adventure [emoji106]

Absolutely, more so than most. If you enjoy it try Great Kei Trek (I have to promote my ride[emoji16][emoji16])

unspoiled part of ZA.

Unspoilt it is not.... Less developed sure.. But definitely not unspoilt

1st - start Sunday - you riding ?

Yes, we start on Monday though. A little advice, no rush just take in the experience and look back often at the views.

• 2 weeks later...

Doing my first one aswell. Starting on Sunday. Roadtrip from Hermanus starts tomorrow morning.

How was your ride?

Archived