International parcels good news - we hope!

Psyrax

Don't understand their process at all. My parcel was stuck at customs at JIMC for 3 weeks. Now it is at customs at Capemail. Why does it have to go through customs twice?

all parcels i think dock/land at JIMC, ie. First point of entry.

i speak under correction

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am interested to know how this works with customs? Faster/slower than the likes of Aramex, who struggles to clear packages under two weeks. Which freight forwarder fo you use?

Disappointing recently. Takes to weeks to get stuff through customs!

Not that slow (4 days in May):

post-99881-0-07742300-1565954606_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jehosefat

My parcel cleared customs yesterday - took 4 days.

Quite an improvement over my previous parcel which took 8 weeks...

Received a sms from PEP that my AliExpress parcel has arrived, not at the post-office [emoji848]

Did you pay for Buffulo/priority line shipping, they sometimes use Paxi via Pep stores for the final part of the delivery.

I have brought in a few small parcels in the last year, mainly from USA, UK and Germany. After the first 2 came with postal service, got stuck in Jhb for 6 weeks/9weeks respectively, I looked at alternative solution. Tried UPS Expediated, once from USA and another from UK, initial cost is higher, but it includes the customs clearance and VAT up front, goes through customs at point of shipment, not when it lands here. They just confirm that the duty is paid and release within the same day. The US parcel took 5 days and the U.K. one was 4 days, both were delivered door to door with full tracking numbers.

The main problem with the postal route, CRC, use this method, is that they assume that our postal service is as good as theirs. When your parcel leaves the country of destination and lands here, our Postal service sees fit to allocate a new SA tracking / reference number, trying to get the new number is a mission on its own, then they don't always keep the tracking records upto date, my last postal item was still showing JHB customs when it was in fact sitting at Durban North Post Office waiting for collection.

I would rather pay the extra up front with the expedited option for future orders.

Did you pay for Buffulo/priority line shipping, they sometimes use Paxi via Pep stores for the final part of the delivery.

No, supposed to be China Post, it then changed to yun express and the rest is history.

My experience with AGS have both times been disappointing. No real updates until you call in to query.

What I can't understand is why they can be brilliant locally and so rubbish with international parcel.

I have used their shop-to-door service twice in two weeks and both times the package was delivered within 24h from Irene to Potch and the other from Irene to Brits

What I can't understand is why they can be brilliant locally and so rubbish with international parcel.

I have used their shop-to-door service twice in two weeks and both times the package was delivered within 24h from Irene to Potch and the other from Irene to Brits

For me, the only benefit is using them where there are no shipping to SA option. But then I really really need the item to make it worth the schlep