Indola baggies

Chris NewbyFraser

I last tried Indola over 15 years ago and did not like the material. They seem to have nice baggies on the market now. Have any Hubbers got some user experience on this product

I have two pairs and they last.

Do not like the one piece and they do feel like nappies. 

But this is my opinion.

Forgot to add, the stitching could definitely be improved upon.

Edited by Sepia

Have two pairs, one that is just a pant, and I wear bibs underneath, and one with padded inner.

The one without the inner has lasted me about 5 years and it is only showing wear in some places now.

For the price, I rate them highly. also has lots of pockets for stuff.

Also got two pairs of baggies. Both probably five years or older. Very happy with them. Only issue is that both had front pocket stiching getting loose but the rest is perfect.

I last tried Indola over 15 years ago and did not like the material. They seem to have nice baggies on the market now. Have any Hubbers got some user experience on this product

I've got 2 pairs with padded inner. I've had the older pair for 3 years and its still in great condition.

My only complaint is that the padding does feel a little bulky around the ass (as others have said) and they are also pretty warm in summer. But from a value perspective, and build quality, I've been very impressed.  

I've got 2 pairs with padded inner. I've had the older pair for 3 years and its still in great condition.

My only complaint is that the padding does feel a little bulky around the ass (as others have said) and they are also pretty warm in summer. But from a value perspective, and build quality, I've been very impressed.  

+1

I got a pair Perennial Enduro MTB Baggies (with padded inner) just over two years ago.  I wasn't sure if the baggies would be something I would like, as I've never tried any.  They were excessively marked down and dirt cheap at the time, so I figured if I gave it a go it wouldn't be too big a loss of capital investment.  Two years down the line and it's pretty much the only thing I'm wearing!  Tough as nails and very comfortable!  I'm in the process of getting rid of all my tight fitting Lycra and race fit cycling clothing and switching to baggies and trail fit...

Some minor stitching around one of the belt eyelets came undone about two months ago, probably due to excessive use, but I sewed it back up and no more problems.  Only showing minor wear after two year and still in great condition.

Therefore, I can definitely recommend it!  Even strongly considering getting another pair myself.

I have 2 pairs that are about 4 and 5 years old respectively. The older of the 2 has started to unseam itself around the crotch area, and both tend to slide down my ass when I ride.

I bought myself a pair of Craft baggies circa 2016, and they are all I wear now. The inner is removable, whereas the Indola's are not. 

I must admit though that the Craft inner's chamois is getting to be a tad thin, and I am considering a new pair. With Karoo to Coast on Sunday, perhaps it's time.

I refuse to ride in the bush with Lycra. Baggies is my thing and Indola is nice and tough. My personal preference is to use the thinner foam insert. The thicker pad is much more expensive and my experience indicate it is a bit more uncomfortable too.

• 3 weeks later...

Unpopular opinion incoming:

I don't like their baggies. I never quite found a pair that I thought fits good. Some are too baggy at the bottom (thebusiness) and some way too long (kicker) and other just don't fit as nice. I have no issue with the products in terms of quality. I guess it is more the way it fits. I prefer a little shorter (just above the knee) and slimmer baggies especially at the knees.

I have 2 pairs and 2 bibs (alliance) and I find the products to be average but they are a bit more affordable, so guess there is that.

I honestly prefer Westpeak shorts over most.