Stress Points

Job

I have been checking the Stress points before doing some TP workout but I sometimes find that after the workout if for example the TSS on TP is 65, after the workout my TSS is about 73. Does this mean I have set my FTP too high?

I have been checking the Stress points before doing some TP workout but I sometimes find that after the workout if for example the TSS on TP is 65, after the workout my TSS is about 73. Does this mean I have set my FTP too high?

so-many-acronyms-so-little-time-2-728.jp

What I read:

I have been checking the Stress points before doing some toilet paper workout but I sometimes find that after the workout if for example the timesheet service on toilet paper is 65, after the workout my timesheet service is about 73. Does this mean I have set my file transfer protocol too high?

are you staying in the workout parameters 100%? 

there is (for me) usually some variance due to terrain etc.

but if it big maybe redo FTP

are you staying in the workout parameters 100%? 

there is (for me) usually some variance due to terrain etc.

but if it big maybe redo FTP

Yes I create it on Zwift and follow the parameters 100% by riding on  a smart trainer. I have been riding on and off lately due to sinusitis, so maybe I should redo the test.

Yes I create it on Zwift and follow the parameters 100% by riding on  a smart trainer. I have been riding on and off lately due to sinusitis, so maybe I should redo the test.

using ERG mode or free ride?

zwo workouts allow for some variation and you won't be able to stay on exact power numbers 

i.e. workout says 250w for 10min you will range in the specific zone, thus train between 245 and 255 resulting in a higher/lower TSS.

you need to also consider the accuracy and calibration of your trainer

using ERG mode or free ride?

zwo workouts allow for some variation and you won't be able to stay on exact power numbers 

i.e. workout says 250w for 10min you will range in the specific zone, thus train between 245 and 255 resulting in a higher/lower TSS.

you need to also consider the accuracy and calibration of your trainer

I use a wahoo kickR on ERG mode. And yes from time and again it does vary for +-3W from the specified Wattage.

Sounds like your FTP setting on Zwift is different to TP. And based on what you have said, I think the FTP you have set on TP is lower.

Archived