New Helmet. What to buy?

RGB1

Hi All. I am looking to buy a new Helmet. I want to get something of good quality. Budget of 2k. Had a look at the Giro Chronicle, POC Trabec, Rudy Protera and Uvex Quattro. Any advice or reviews on these? Or other options? All assistance will be much appreciated.

Saw your post and request for Information on the PoC Trabec MIPS. I have traded mine for the Giro mentioned here but i will say thta their support was amazing as i had hassles with 2 x lids delaminating and their local agent swapped it out both times. Its a good lid and has great features. It was ahead of the game with MIPS. Personally it wasn't the best looking and fitting lid but it was MIPS so i lived with it. I have like i said now traded on to Giro MIPS and feel its a better fit. The Trabec MIPS is a costly lid, but the after sales support is exceptional and the guys back their brand. Youw ont go wrong in that area. If you are in Fourways area and want to borrow my old lid for a check out feel free.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just enter a race where you know Joggie Prinsloo and Scott will be present. Swopped my old R400 helmet for one of their new Scott Vivo Plus MIPS helmets. Plus it's for a good cause. They give your old helmet to kids in communities that can't afford it. 

I have a Catlike Leaf helmet, looks good and feels good, nice airflow too.

Been through 2 that peel and won’t touch them again.

I have not had 1 of the spaz lids but had a leatt DBX 3.0 for a short while found it very heavy. Sold it and bought a Giro Fixture it's got great coverage and is very light just over 260g did the K2C with it great air flow and cheap as chips depending on where you get it but from around R800

+1