Groupset/Derealliur suggestion

Guest Ratchet road

Definitely has to be 9 speed, and has to be shimano if the shifter is shimano. Where are you based?

I can only assume someone looking for a 9 speed derailleur is not going to want to spend the cash for a 11 or 12 speed upgrade. And the bike is probably an old 26er or a very entry level newer bike, probably not warranting that upgrade either. Ive never seen them go for very cheap. 10 speed setups though, those go for very cheap sometimes. With a cassete extender you can get a 1x11 range with 10 speed (11-42t)

I upgraded to 11 speed recently. I can sell you a 10 speed shifter X0, 10 speed derailleur X0, 10 speed cassette and a 10 speed chain for R700. Shipping is for your account. Can't say how good the cassette and chain are but they worked without fault when they were taken off.  

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this is the best post on this thread - nice one :thumbup:

Guest Ratchet road

I can only assume someone looking for a 9 speed derailleur is not going to want to spend the cash for a 11 or 12 speed upgrade. And the bike is probably an old 26er or a very entry level newer bike, probably not warranting that upgrade either. Ive never seen them go for very cheap. 10 speed setups though, those go for very cheap sometimes. With a cassete extender you can get a 1x11 range with 10 speed (11-42t)

How much would a 11 or 12 speed conversion cost?

Guest Ratchet road

Definitely has to be 9 speed, and has to be shimano if the shifter is shimano. Where are you based?

Johannesburg,

Guest Ratchet road

What exactly is the issue with the current rear mech?

It jumps a lot a gears. Tried fixing it, didn't work. So want to get a higher end one

Guest Ratchet road

9 speed derailleurs are easy to find - Alivio, Acera, Sunrace and others.  All will give good bang for your buck.

Yeah, but they are also entry level. Like I said before I am looking for a higher end one

Yeah, but they are also entry level. Like I said before I am looking for a higher end one

They don't import higher end ones (or even make them?)

Look at it this way.  An Alivio will give you say 1.2 million shifts while a SLX say 1.6.  A second hand SLX probably has already done 600000 shifts - if you are lucky.  I will take a new Alivio over a second hand RD anytime! 

You getting that deal from copperhead or not? Its a great buy, that groupset is absolutely great, it take it over shimano any day of the week. Super crisp shifts from sram. You can keep your front derailleur for now, but look for a cassette extender then you can go 1x10, depending on your riding

Archived