Lyne Amp 30 anybody using these?

Me rida my bicycle

Hubs are apparently an exact match to Stan's 3.30 so see if you can find those sizes

Gotcha! busy watching a clip on the mo, 6902 bearings for hub body front and back, 6802 for the freehub thanks.

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyne wheels enquiry.

Anybody have reviews on the updated Lyne Amp HD rims.

I have heard of few rim failures where it Splits in half and no warranty claims entertained.

Lyne are generally great at afterwards and products normally good.

Any feedback? 

1 hour ago, MajG said:

Lyne wheels enquiry.

I have heard of few rim failures where it Splits in half and no warranty claims entertained.

Any feedback? 

Ive seen one or two small niggles with the OLD freehub, but never a wheel rim. In the one group i ride with they are all on Lyne wheels, carbon and alloy versions, Hi-per and the old hubs too. They take all the beating in their stride.
Whoever suggested Lyne don't entertain warranty claims might need to check their nose in the mirror. It is borderline blasphemous i would say lol.
Im sure they have to consider and need to take into WHY it failed too…but in my experience they tend to either swop it out or provide you with a new one at vastly reduced prices.
Service is great and i mean you are generally dealing with the owner himself.  A few years ago i had some issues with an out of warranty 170mm dropper and they nevertheless replaced the internals for free to get me sorted. 

37 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Ive seen one or two small niggles with the OLD freehub, but never a wheel rim. In the one group i ride with they are all on Lyne wheels, carbon and alloy versions, Hi-per and the old hubs too. They take all the beating in their stride.
Whoever suggested Lyne don't entertain warranty claims might need to check their nose in the mirror. It is borderline blasphemous i would say lol.
Im sure they have to consider and need to take into WHY it failed too…but in my experience they tend to either swop it out or provide you with a new one at vastly reduced prices.
Service is great and i mean you are generally dealing with the owner himself.  A few years ago i had some issues with an out of warranty 170mm dropper and they nevertheless replaced the internals for free to get me sorted. 

I agree, I couldn't believe it either when I heard they didn't want to entertain a warranty replacement or discount on a new rim purchase untill i saw the correspondence myself.

I have been a long time fan of Lyne and never had any issues with the products or service as he is top notch.

From the holy rail, bars,stem, droppers all been faultless. 

I do have 1 issue, they haven't been making new riding tops-love the fit of them

A mate was riding DT Swiss 511 till it was square and in need of replacement. Due to the struggle to get stock he opted for a Lyne AMP 30 rim and it is bomb proof over trails like Black Rhino, Cobra and long sessions at the Leatt skills park. I also rate them highly and when the time comes they will be replacing the wheels on my Stumpy.

3 hours ago, MajG said:

Lyne wheels enquiry.

Any feedback? 

Also find it strange that they don't entertain warrantiesm Definitely not my experience, although I had the older Pulse and Amp wheel...not sure if warranty policy is different, but I always experienced great service from Dayle.

My Pulse rims (alu) cracked/split and was replaced without issues. When one of the replacements split as well, I got an AMP at a discounted price (I requested the amp rather than another Pulse replacement). So really no issues with support/warranties

1 minute ago, JacquesJ said:

Also find it strange that they don't entertain warrantiesm Definitely not my experience, although I had the older Pulse and Amp wheel...not sure if warranty policy is different, but I always experienced great service from Dayle.

My Pulse rims (alu) cracked/split and was replaced without issues. When one of the replacements split as well, I got an AMP at a discounted price (I requested the amp rather than another Pulse replacement). So really no issues with support/warranties

I haven't seen any warranty replacement statement on the website so I'm assuming if it does get replaced or new item discount, it's purely out of his good nature.

LYNE COMPONENTS needs some new riding merchandise now, please 

I upgraded to a pair of Lyne HD rims with the HE hub. Love the wheels, after about 8 months of hard riding, everything from Helderberg to Hellsend Shuttle days. I do have a big ding on the rear though, probably smashed it somewhere in a rock garden. Still holds pressure so going to ride it until it fails, if it ever does.