[Event] Paarl Cycle Tour

Paarl Rotary

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the 45 with the Mrs for training for her...was generally well organised although maybe some security at certain spots.

Some suspect ouens at 1 or 2 spots.... the type u know r looking to catch on k@k..had to slow down to help some ladies who felt uncomfortable

Was fun riding in short distance for a change....was sick past week so lekker z2 training ride

Forgot to mention, the size of the groups really seems to have worked well

Before we move on to the 99er (with its large groups again...) - I just have to concur

The smaller groups made for safer riding and a nicer group dynamic.

The flat route also mixed things up a bit, I'm used by now to everybody in the group chilling until we get to Bothmaskop or Helshoogte and only then the racing really starts.

In Group C at least there were quite a few attacks on the small climbs near Paardeberg (which the larger group hunted down fanatically) only for a few guys to sneak away at the Klipheuwel turn-off while the rest of the group was sleeping - some days cycling groups can be so schizophrenic...