Flat vs Clipless

Sbloomer

Obviously better flat pedals have better grip.

That said, "hard soled" shoes dont grip, not even on some of the best flat pedals !!

And NO, not all "tekkies" have the same level of grip either ....  Even swopping out an older set of a specific brand with their new 'similar shoe" gave me totally different "feel" .....

Finally got my pair of 2FO Spez shoes for flat pedals today.  As soon as my sinusses lets up I will TEST these on the trails ....

The right shoes makes a HUGE difference !!!

The 2FO shoes STICKS to those flat pedals !!!  No more "sliding" your foot into position ... nope, now you lift your foot off the pedal and place it in the correct position, and there it STAYS !

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used clips all my life and recently converted to flats. I can't see myself going back to clips, I have so much more fun and confidence. I've practiced 'scooping' my foot on the upstroke and I've broken some of my old strava hill records.

I do suggest good shoes and pedals though. The one up composites are the best bang for buck at the moment and there are mad specials on Leatt shoes too. You can get pedals and shoes for close to 2 grand all in.