Looks suspicious

longweasel

Ignoring the lack of detail and the weird arrangement of the wheels with the frame....

The price is not suspicious: I bought my Spez with Dura Ace, similar age,  from a LBS in Bloemfontein for that price,  absolute beauty of a machine. It was 2x 9 though, I see this is 2 x 11, which makes it somewhat better.

So if you are keen on the deal, tell the seller to meet up at the local police station,  that should flush him out if the deal is dodge.

I wouldn’t pay anything more for this bike. Old frame, old/worn components. Those are good wheels, but the old 2012/2013 spec. I wouldn’t consider this as suspicious based on the pricing.

Looks like a specialized allez, no? It's weird that the wheels aren't on and that the claimed shoes aren't in the pic. Oh and jhb central around marshalltown, yikes.

You made me go back and look again...

What is the little thing on the one spoke?  :huh:

Could simply be some isolation tape to keep an eye on a replaced spoke - I do that on my bikes and constantly have a taped spoke or three

The lack of details provided was slightly concerning.

Either way, I see the advert has now been removed.

Edited by nateOR