Meridia big 90 xt 29er

Durarack

Hi all

Just some info on the value of the above bike.I see you get the above bike and then you get the xt edition.

What's the difference between the two.

What would the value of a merida big 90 xt be.it's a 2016 model and not a mark on it. You would swear it's just been unboxed.

Thanx in advance

You maybe have photos of the bikes you can post here?

The description confuses me a bit.. are you talking about the Merida Big Nine XT (hardtail) or the Merida Ninety-Six XT (Full-Susp)? There are in both many models other than the XT model. To which model are you comparing the XT?

I've never heard of a Merida Big 90 before.

Apologies. Referring to hardtail.

You get the big 90 xt and the big 90 xt edition.

Trying to get a price on the big 90 xt

Hope that helps

Apologies. Referring to hardtail.

You get the big 90 xt and the big 90 xt edition.

Trying to get a price on the big 90 xt

Hope that helps

As far as I know you only get the Big Nine, not Big 90.

The XT comes with the carbon CF3 frame and Reba fork. The XT-Edition comes with the TFS alloy frame and Manitou Machete Comp fork. The Big Nine XT is around 2kg lighter than the Big Nine XT-Edition.

https://www.merida-bikes.com/en/bike/38-38/bignine-xt

https://www.merida-bikes.com/en/bike/45-45/bignine-xt-edition

If the price is more or less the same and both bikes are in good nick, take the XT by far!

I have the "Big 7 XT" as a commuter, and a friend has the "Big 9 XT" (aluminium hard tail)

The "problem" with the 2015 to 2017 era is the rapid change in gear sets ....  Mine has the 3x gearing - okay for a commuter.  Dirk's Big 9 had the 2x setup, he has upgraded to a 1x11. (think he sometimes wishes he stayed with the 2x)

The commuter -

post-110956-0-61780100-1555006904_thumb.jpg

The Big 9 XT -

post-110956-0-28584300-1555007183_thumb.jpg

I dont know how the front shock has improved over the last few years.

So it boils down to if you are happy with a slightly older tech gear set ..... personally I would be perfectly happy with a 2x setup.

Because Merida bikes you find regularly on sale the value I would say of a 2016 around R10k. The 2019 29er XT edition is on sale at the moment for R15k, which obviously comes with warranty. For interest sake I read something on Spaz website where they said warranty will go on to 2nd owner but I am sure there will be do many t & c to that.

Archived