Lyne Incase Link Case - Top Cap

OnTheRicky

90% of bikes will work with a 180mm steerer, so cut to 180 and rather leave it there

Posh sandton'ites will cit their steerers flush, cause welll... You know

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want exactly that one! As ek lekker moeg is dan kyk ek net af :)

Ek het ook 'n boodskap vir myself.

6e58d6c86eed44c3e6a4e5ff80cae435.jpg

This is on my Singlespeed. Keeps me honest.

Tbh I didn't even notice this, so it doesn't bother me much, but now that you mention it I see it!

It use to be that the spacers were underneath the stem, but after a fitting they dropped the stem.

Other than looking stupid, why would I cut the steerer tube? Wouldn't the extra length allow flexibility if I decide to sell?

I might cut it shorter to remove at least one spacer, which should make a big difference in the look already

One spacer on top of the stem is a safe compromise,but I reckon you'll be very go higher again, unless you develop back pain. I rode with a spacer on top of my stem for a year, but then I was honest with myself, and then cut the steerer again.

Do you plan to sell the bike or the fork in the next year, if so, then resale is a valid consideration. Or if the frame is a small and you want to upgrade to a new fork. Otherwise, make it look as smooth and neat as possible.

Don't cut it to please the short stem brigade. It's irritating enough not seeing forks for sale with decent length steerer tubes, all having belonged to fahionistas or dwarves...

At the risk of sounding like a fashionista myself, I intentionally left one spacer on top to make sure the finish with the beer cap looks best. If I remove the last spacer then you'll see the writing on the stem as well as the slit towards the rear where the bolts clamp onto the steerer tube... Like the post on the first page with the Pro top cap.

short people problems...

for us tall varieties that 40mm (in conjunction with 40mm riser bars) - goes UNDER the stem...so we never have to worry about cutting a fork too short :lol: